Top Speed Question

I went past a police car at 155 (250 km/h) .. Luckily he didn't see my number plate but he did switch on his sirens at which I conveniently drove in the nearest gas station and hid the care behind before taking out my cellphone and chirping on it like a bird! My heart was in my throat ..

• 3 months later...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

130 in my 95 Sc400. In the middle of nowhere Montana. Ran out of road to or would have gone faster (BIG curve in the road two miles up) Still had plenty of power and was very smooth.

The real kicker is that I got pulled over about a half hour later for going 85 in a 60. The fine was $40.00

Canadian Radar Run in manitoba in 2007. Radar got my 97 sc 400 with a few mods at 209.40 mph. For you canadians thats 337 kmph. It was scary to say the least but to say I got my 200 mph licence in my SC 4 is great.

135 in my 2000 Celica GTS. The car was loaded with camping gear and my wife so I had to downshift to 5th gear to pull me up there. But it was smooth a very stable. Could have kept going but didn't want to push my luck with the cops.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
153 in my 6-speed Sc300. I got clocked br my friends radar in his patrol car

A friend and I buried the speedometer in a bone stock 1997 SC300 160mph on the dash as you all know... I always wondered how fast we were really going.. I never been in a car going that fast and don't think I'll do it again! Not willingly anyway!

how fast has anyone gone in all kinds

I have taken my SC400 up to 125 miles an hour without pushing the car very hard. It handled well on an open freeway at 2 in the morning. I am glad you asked because I didn't know how much I was actually pushing my everyday car. B)

• 2 months later...

In 1995 I was coming south out of Amarillo at dawn in my 1995 Mustang Cobra. I wanted to see how fast it would go. I got up to about 138 mph, 4th being too short and 5th being too tall... along came an SC400 and passed me doing at least 160... ever since I've wanted one. finally have it.

• 4 months later...
125-130 MPH in my 97 SC 400 B) ....car still had plenty left and easily could have reached 150-160

Hwy 280 stretch from San Jose to San Mateo Ca.

One of the best places in the Bay Area if you have a need for speed!

125mph in the 02 SC430, but had PLENTY of room to excel.

• 3 weeks later...

post-82278-1257449502_thumb.jpg

how fast has anyone gone in all kinds

In my '92 SC300

I was clocked by Laser on the NYS Thruway (I-90) at 127mph by a NYS Trooper, who immediately had my car impounded... knowing I can go that fast was almost worth it...

I still had a lot of pedal space left too...

As he came up to my window he commented:

"I bet you didnt think I would catch up to you... "

My response... "If I didnt slow down and wait for you... you never would have..."

His Next response... "Please step out and to the rear of the vehicle, and place your hands behind your head sir..."

One suspended license, a ton of lawyer fees, higher insurance... and alot of waiting... and IT WAS STILL WORTH IT"

I also have a 93 SC400 but the fastest I have gone in that is 110mph... perhaps I have learned my lesson... or perhaps I have really good radar and knew there was a cop ahead...

Ray

• 3 months later...

4 lane highway midday pretty good bit of traffic in Atlanta GA. coming onto the highway i punched it and got up to 140 and came flying up behind the po po's. either he wasnt paying attention or i got very lucky. i blew the stock plastic tank radiator uppp! hahaha :D

• 1 month later...