Disconnecting Antenna/upgrade

Along with my lexus I had installed an after-market Pioneer CD Changer (CDX-FM1257, I believe). It runs off 89.1 on my Radio. Is there anyway to disconnect the power to the power antenna so the antenna doesn't come out just to listen to the CD-Player? For example, Lexus models that have CD installed, you click CD and it will lower antenna and play CD.. same with 'TAPE' on the console..

The last time I listened to the radio was 14 months ago when I got the car. :D

Any suggestions?

--------

Is there another pioneer system like the one I have that play's MP3's? I don't want too much work for myself as I have my tiny control panel for the CD Changer right under the ignition, and I'm hoping it would just include removing the old cd changer and putting the new one in.

If I recall the sequence of operation was like this with the factory radio & CD changer on my '94ES.

1- First - Power off, then turn on radio(Either AM or FM), and the antenna staff rises. At this point if you press the CD button on the radio the staff does not retract.

2 - If you turn on the power when the system was last on CD operation the antenna does not go up. It will go up when you press the AM or FM button.

I hope this explanation is not as clear as mud. :rolleyes:

if its that infrequent, then go into the trunk go to the antenna and disconnect the plasitc plug there on the cable for the antenna.... this way the antenna will no rise anymore,

and if you ever get FM hungry one day.... Connect it again, it takes about 2 minutes :cheers: cheers mate

-neil

Alright, there is about 400 billion wires around the antenna unit that are coming from the Panasonic disc changer. Will unplugging the plastic plug stop power to the cd changer? I can take a picture of it to show exactly what's going on.\

• 2 weeks later...