A Chime Sounds On Turns & Bumps?

indigosun

On 7/30/2004 at 8:08 PM, indigosun said:

We are now at least one step closer ... :unsure:

When I start the car "without" my seatbelt fastened as suggested the "seatbelt unfastened chime" sounds 5 times and the seatbelt dashboard light flashes.

But this also happens to be the "same chime" that I am hearing when I hit a large bump or turn a corner. However, the difference between the two is ... when I turn a corner my chime only sounds once (as opposed to 5 times) and "no dashboard light appears".

Other than the seatbelt do you know if this chime is assoiciated with some type of "low fluid" warning? And could the low fluid light just be out on the dashboard? Just a thought.

Thanks again for your kind assistance (and yes, I am too new to understand how to PM anyone as I just signed up today).

I haven't read below this post but I believe you are 100% accurate here. Reading your post set off a lightbulb in my head and it totally made sense. When you asked if it could  Possibly be a low fluid It made me remember that just the other day my windshield wiper fluid was low but stop sending me an alert and ever since that day when I make a turn it makes that chime.  I filled the windshield wiper fluid and the problem is gone . Thanks for your help