Buying An Es 300 In Dallas

sarah

Has anyone recently bought an ES 300 in the Dallas area? How much should I expect the dealer to come off of the msrp? Is there an advantage to buying from an outlying dealer like Oklahoma or Arkansas and having it shipped?

They won't come off the (MSRP) manufactures suggested retail price at all (usually). It's not a Mitsubishi?

No, really- they have a big mark up, and unless you are a dealer yourself, you won't be able to get any kind of real discount (NEW VEHICLE PURCHASE). You may however be able to get some shaved off the STICKER PRICE, which can be up to several thousand markup depending on the make of Lexus and how far into the year it is. THe best month to do it is in August, as the next year is coming in, and they usually may do some kind of cash match program??

They only dealer here in Utah is Larry Miller, and they won't budge an inch- and I'm very experienced in car sales/purchase. In your area you may have some luck, but don't plan on much. The sales people want your money, and know how to get it. Take your time, and give them no room to slide you into anything. You may even want to give them a time limit for the whole transaction. Make sure you have your funding processed ahead of time, as that can where they sneak things in. Don't worry about any of the added services, you can usually take care of those things yourself much cheaper down the road.

I would stick with the bigger dealers, as they have the most room to haggle. One of the best I've heard is Longo Lexus as far as price goes. You could buy it there and drive it home if its much cheaper?? Good Luck, I hope that was what your looking for. IF your talking used, then ya- tear it up! You might be able to get a couple thousand off.

They won't come off the (MSRP) manufactures suggested retail price at all (usually). It's not a Mitsubishi?

No, really- they have a big mark up, and unless you are a dealer yourself, you won't be able to get any kind of real discount (NEW VEHICLE PURCHASE). You may however be able to get some shaved off the STICKER PRICE, which can be up to several thousand markup depending on the make of Lexus and how far into the year it is. THe best month to do it is in August, as the next year is coming in, and they usually may do some kind of cash match program??

They only dealer here in Utah is Larry Miller, and they won't budge an inch- and I'm very experienced in car sales/purchase. In your area you may have some luck, but don't plan on much. The sales people want your money, and know how to get it. Take your time, and give them no room to slide you into anything. You may even want to give them a time limit for the whole transaction. Make sure you have your funding processed ahead of time, as that can where they sneak things in. Don't worry about any of the added services, you can usually take care of those things yourself much cheaper down the road.

I would stick with the bigger dealers, as they have the most room to haggle. One of the best I've heard is Longo Lexus as far as price goes. You could buy it there and drive it home if its much cheaper?? Good Luck, I hope that was what your looking for. IF your talking used, then ya- tear it up! You might be able to get a couple thousand off.

I can highly recommend carbargains at http://www.checkbook.org/auto/carbarg.cfm if you have the time.

This service costs you $199, but gives you negotiated prices from 5 dealers in your area. In our case, they had to go out nearly 300 miles to find 5 dealers, but they did that. The dealers are obligated to honor the price given. In fact, most dealers will honor prices from the other dealers, so you can take the lowest price to your local dealer and they'll probably honor it.

I bought an ES330 before they even came out. There was plenty of demand and mine was one of the first ones off the boat. That wouldn't ordinarily give you any leverage, but I got $1500 off list. I'm fairly confident I wouldn't have done that well on my own.

Other than the $199 cost, the other problem is that it will take several weeks to get your quotations.