Mp3 Players/ipod/es300

Want to be able to play mp3's in my 1999 ES300. i know that there is a tape cartridge type of input, and a FM transmitter type, neither of which are really great. Does anyone know if your can use your CD changer input for this purpose?

I don't know about using the factory deck with an iPod . . .

I do know that the new Alpine CDA-9835 (wicked deck!) I just bought supports the iPod. I think you just have to buy a little cable or something, and you can control the iPod right from the deck. Sweet!

Regards,

Bryan

blitzsafe brought out an adapter to plug into the cd changer port but it didnt work. so at this point no one has done it suceesfully yet. there are 2 serial communication lines that recheck every 7,5 seconds so the adapter kept cutting out so blitzsafe pulled them off the market. lexus headunits have communication codes to the peripherals so it is going to take some real engineering to make an ipod direct to head unit adapter.

Just wondering why people are not using the cassette adapter for their ipod?? Is the sound quality so much deteriorated?

If so this is what I plan to do to circumvent the Lexus serial lock.

1. Write a blank wave file (absolute silence 80minutes long) on your cdr.

2. while playing this silent CD plays...tap your mp3 player output into the CD out wires at the back or front of the car...black white, red, green

3. Use a wired remote for the mp3 player from the driver seat.

4. Convert the 12V from the car to the voltage needed for the MP3 player.

hopefully it will work.