New 2004 Ls430 Owner!

MaD-X

Well, actually a co-owner. My parents just purchased their 1st Lexus today and I chipped in financially (a little) to help them grab this wonderful car! I won't be driving it much but at least my name is on the title :D I've been doing some research on this site to inform my parents and myself of this awesome vehicle. We ended up with Flint mica color, with modern luxury package with sport option. We just picked it up this morning!!

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for all the good info, and if there's anything important not stated on the manual that we should know about, bring it on! Our sales rep recommended oil change every 5000mi (not synthetic) with general maintenance every 15k (whatever that means). We're also pretty happy about getting $7k off MSRP too :D Thanks again!

hey, concratulations on ur purchase and welcome to the club. you will enjoy this beautiful car for many years and will not have any probs with it. and in case you do we are here for you:)

Thanks VMF,

We're all looking forward to our future relationship with our local Lexus service dept., hopefully for nothing more than regular service visits. In terms of service, do many people here actually do their own maintenance themselves? I have done all the basic maintenances on my cars in the past, just wondering if Lexus is any more difficult to work on. Thanks again.

in your case i would not recommend doing anything urself. you paid so much money and you get free maintanence, then why even bother? i'm doing mine myself coz i'm cheap:) my friends dad who got 03 ls has lexus guys come over his house and check the car like once in 2 month.:) this is what i call service, but me myself would never go to the dealer with my out of warranty car because they will just rip me off and not always fix the car the way i want.

but its just me u know:)

VMF, I know exactly how you feel about the dealers, and that's why I do all the maintenance on my cars myself - at least the non-Lexus ones :) We don't get free maintenance though, except for the 1st oil change. After that, everything is out our pocket, except for the warrenty issues - we purchased an extended warrenty to 7yr/100k.