Rust Prone Areas On Lexus..making List

My lexus is rust free mostly but in the underbody there are some trouble areas...I want to compile a list of rust prone areas. If you have some experience please add to the list such that we may protect ourselves for costly repairs.

1. Gas line from the gas tank.***

2. Gas filler steel pipe.***

3. Air conditioner grill in front of the radiator.

4. rocker panels (inside).

5. door seams

6. fender all around the lip

7. front and rear rebars under the bumper***

8. trailing edge of the hood

updated.

***major weakness (rust protect!)

Definitely the gas filler steel pipe. Mine rusted right off!

I also have some nasty rust spots on

- passenger fender all around the lip

- passenger door (one spot where the plastic moulding meets the metal)

- passenger quarter panel

- driver door (because the previous owner must have banged it against other cars a couple of times when getting in and out <_< )

I wish I had the money for a complete paint job, but $2500CAN will take a bit of saving, and I'm not sure if it is worth it on a car that is maybe worth $5000CAN. I do love my Lexus though :)

Regards,

Bryan

i hardly ever see ES's rust the onyl spot i have seen is the front and rear rebars under the bupmer which collects slat and heats up by the engine and exhuast.

other than that power wash the car every other week in the winter to prevent this as well as atleast once a good rust proofing.

I don't have any rust on my baby

I believe the worst rust (on my fender) is due to a fender bender by the previous owner. I can tell that it has been repainted, and it was maybe not done very well. The door and quarter panel on the other hand have never been damaged . . .

Regards,

Bryan

Seen 3, 1 is ours, with rust on the trailing edge of the hood. I beleive this has something to do with wipers and ice buildup in winter.

Yes, the trailing edges of hood got me too...I just did touch up paint there.

I didn't know that es300's rust!!! I must say that I'm VERY surprised to see so many posts about rusting. I bought a '93 windom last year and I've not seen any signs of rust anywhere...I have to check the bumpers though.

Maybe the climate makes the difference. I live in the Caribbean

Nope . . . it's the crappy body-rusting salt! The roads in Canada are white with the crap (in Ontario at least). Sand is used in some spots, but mostly salt.

I belive some o the other provinces (liek maybe Quebec?) might use sand only . . .

Regards,

Bryan

Have you rust-proofed your ES Hammer? If you need one of the best guy's in the business (in the G.T.A.) to do it, let me know.......might want to get the existing rust fixed first. Let me know as I'd be happy to help. B)

:cheers: