Just Installed Daizen Bushings And Tokico Blues

bezee

Just had Daizen front LCA bushings and Tokico Blues struts installed yesterday and my SC is running like a dream. I the bushings have made taking corners very sharp and the Tokico's give the car a very firm ride....i dont even feel all those violent NY potholes as much. I must admit i am totally satisfied. Now its on to more modding, dont know whats next yet but im sure i can think of plenty ideas.

Hey BCSC300 I got the struts and bushings from TM engineering, they got what u need. Today is day 3 with the new struts on and it feels so firm and steering is so much smoother. Sometime this week i will get a full allignment and then im really good to go.

Im located in NYC and my suspension kinda sucks.Question,what are the bushings and by changing them how do they make the ride better.Ive always been a Maxima guy so when i would do suspension i would change struts,strut bearings,and strut mounts.Is the SC very different?Finally does gettin a full alignment improve ride quality?

Hi bezee,

How much did the LCA's cost for you? I am asking since I am looking into Supra LCA's as an alternative.

And pressing in the bushings, would most shops be able to do that?

I am in NJ area and if you know some good shops around, please advise.

Thanks,

I didnt change the whole LCA, only the bushings. I belive finding a shop shouldnt be hard that will press in the bushings and i belive u can have it done cheaper than i found. But an alignment is necessassary after installing new struts

Would I need to change the bushings as well as ball joints?

Some recommended me to change the whole LCAs since the ball joints might also need to be replaced.

I think considering the mileage my Sc has, changing just the bushings will still do alot to the ride, though not perfect.

What would be the smart thing given the slim budget?

There really isnt any comparison. Andrew's bushings are made to bring your car back to stock specs as far as handling and comfort goes while the Daizens are more for performance. Polyurethane doesnt have alot of give, hence the loss in comfort and gain in handling