Did I Do Something Wrong?

1UZ-FE

i followed this tutorial so that i could replace 2 burned out warning bulbs in the instrument cluster. How to Remove the Instrument Cluster / Combination Meter. it says at the bottom of the page:

Note: If you start the car with the instrument cluster disconnected your air bag light with stay on.

i neglected to read this. luckily they also give you another tutorial to turn the airbag light off:How to Turn-Off the Air Bag Light / Clearing Diagnostic Code 41

as i tried to clear the light, touching each wire to the ground wire as specified by the instructions, the airbag light, the cruise light, and the ??? light (dont remember what light it was, it was a light on the bottom of the cluster, will find out tomorrow) flash in unison. only the airbag light is supposed to blink. my question is: what did i do wrong/what could have cause these other 2 lights to flash?

im really confused about this. if anyone has anything to say about this, please post.

thanks in advance.

the airbag light, the cruise light, and the ??? light (dont remember what light it was, it was a light on the bottom of the cluster, will find out tomorrow) flash in unison.

the unknown other flashing warning light was ABS. i tried to clear it again today, this time in daylight :D. i did get it to clear my first try today in the light, mostly due to a better setup and preparation. apparently, the cruise control and the ABS are supposed to blink too. they did today when i cleared the airbag light. i told my mechanic about my big accomplishment and he said "you're lucky you didn't touch the wrong terminal by accident. You could have deployed the airbags."