Car Audio Problems And ?'s W/ 93 Gs300

Hey people,

I was wondering if anybody knows how to cancel the security on the dash unit. I recently purchased my GS300 from an auction and can't trace back the original owners to get the 3 digit code. I checked my repair service manual and it says to look at the owner's manual, but it doesn't say how to reset the security code. I contacted Lexus and they want me to bring in the car, but I am afraid they're going to slap me with a bill for a hundred bucks or more just for some stupid code. :censored:

Also, I was wondering where the amplifier is for my speakers. I bought a GS w/o the CD changer and was thinking of just buying a new in dash unit w/ a custom install since the DIN is big. I am probably going to buy new components for the front and replace the rear sub, since earlier posts said that the amp is good. Was the head unit running the components and the amp just the sub? Anybody else tried changing their audio system and have any good suggestions? Also, how hard was the install, was it just plug and play or did you have to rewire your system? Thanks.

Sid

Hey people,

I was wondering if anybody knows how to cancel the security on the dash unit. I recently purchased my GS300 from an auction and can't trace back the original owners to get the 3 digit code. I checked my repair service manual and it says to look at the owner's manual, but it doesn't say how to reset the security code. I contacted Lexus and they want me to bring in the car, but I am afraid they're going to slap me with a bill for a hundred bucks or more just for some stupid code. :censored:

Also, I was wondering where the amplifier is for my speakers. I bought a GS w/o the CD changer and was thinking of just buying a new in dash unit w/ a custom install since the DIN is big. I am probably going to buy new components for the front and replace the rear sub, since earlier posts said that the amp is good. Was the head unit running the components and the amp just the sub? Anybody else tried changing their audio system and have any good suggestions? Also, how hard was the install, was it just plug and play or did you have to rewire your system? Thanks.

Sid

lots of questions my friend. welcome to the forums and congrats on your new buy. this is a pic of my aristo with a dvd screen.

toyota_aristo_interior.sized.jpg

the only hard part of the install is making the plate. that's about it. now you had a question on what powers the speakers. your amp powers everthing but the head unit. sub, mids, and tweeters. about the security code, can't help you there, but would suggest going to lexus because i think they would need your vin number in order to help you out with finding your security code. your stock amp is locating in the trunk under the flaps next to the passenger rear quarter panel.

SPLICING_INTO_STOCK_AMP.sized.jpg

this is a pic of a brakatk's stock amp that i had bypassed to upgrade to new amp to power his new sub.

SPLICE_INTO_AMP_2.sized.jpg

here is the finished product.

STOCK_AMP_COMPLETED.sized.jpg

so his setup consist of the stock amp to power his speakers and a sony amp to power his sub. doesn't take that long if you know what you're doing.

if you're going to just get an amp, it's going to be more work and not plug and play. i got the dvd head unit and powered all my speakers from the head and had a dedicated amp to my sub. it just depends on what your preference is. i'm all for the nakamich setup i have already. the setup i have is perfect and my stock sub puts out all kinds of bass so i'm set.