What Should I Get?

New member here. But I've been lurking for a while now. Anyway, I;m looking at 3 cars

- 02 GS300 with Nav. 29k miles. $30k

- 99 GS400. 36k miles. 19' rims but not lowered. $29k.

- 04 new Nissan Maxima SL - haven't even driven yet, but want opinions on it.

I like the style of the GS more than the Maxima. The reason I'm even considering a Maxima is because it's brand new.

well i have only owned 1 nissan it it was a problem child, my friend own's a nissan and loves it.....I just purchased my first lexus today, I have been driving it since sunday i had until 2dy to give them back the car or a check for the car. Let me tell ya I love my lexus. I just found out yesterday my neighbor has had one for a year and a half and loves it, and so does a guy I work with and he also loves his lexus....I could never aford the 45,000 mine sold new for. I recommand taking the vin number call a lexus dealer and find out what the maintance history is any dealer can tell ya no mater what dealer it was serviced at and so can lexus. On sunday i wasn't sure, I called lexus monday morning and found out it was perfectly maintain. On tuesday I was telling myself who was i kidding 30,000 for a car. 2dy I decided well I only live once and I would rather have a really nice car used then settle for something I'm going to trade in later....in 98 i bought a ford contour brand new my first brand new car and let me tell ya it was the worst decision I ever made. Any car you buy new the second you buy it the value drops and drops hard why not let someone else take that hit. A lexus and a toyota will hold value better. It really helped me posting on this message board and hearing what others had to say.....also do a google seach nissan problems and see what kind of hit's you get...when i did lexus I was hard pressed to find any....I was also looking at an 01 accura tl i did a google search and found the transmissions are bad I called acura and they told me they just recalled the tranny on july 7th. Call the vin number in it's not confidental info they will tell you anything you want to know. I have done that with acura, dodge, and lexus....gooood luck.....and rule one car shopping always try to buy back of book I found my lexus books for 30,750. I did an autotrader search and found they sold between 34 and 19 the one for 19 had a lot of miles the low average was 28... Be informed or go to your bank draw out money and hand it to people as they walk by ...because if your not informed you will part with your money unnecessarly. It took me a 1yr and half to make a car purchase if the dealers think u have to have a car it gives them power, if they think you can walk away you win...my last five car purchase all the dealers let me take the cars home....before signing papers I was allowed 3dy test drive by most dealers the minium should be 1 day with the car with no pressure...I took home an acura mdx for 2dys and returned it, because it wasnt right...you can't figure out if you like it by going around the block. Good luck hope this helps....sorry about the novel

Jimmy, you came to the wrong place if you want an unbiased decision B)

I have had my 99 GSG for a little over a year now and my love for the car grows daily. Hi price to maintain but, I feel it is worth it. I was in complete love with the Maxima. Test drove several and even had my loan approve for an '03. All I had to do was go pick it up. Then i made a mistake and drove past a guy I work with dealership and saw my car sitting there. I said what the hell and took for a spin and have been driving it ever scince.

After I drove the Lex, the Maxima just seemed so...well ordinary after that...

If you are interested in buying a 99 GS400, I have one with 39K miles, warranty, Chome Rims and over $10,000 in aftermarket modifications (mostly L-Sportline) that you might be intereted in. E-Mail me at mark@allaboutjohnson.com

Mark

If you are interested in buying a 99 GS400, I have one with 39K miles, warranty, Chome Rims and over $10,000 in aftermarket modifications (mostly L-Sportline) that you might be intereted in. E-Mail me at mark@allaboutjohnson.com

Mark

Thats a very nice car you have there mark. perfect selection of mods for that car :cheers:

oh, and yea, I would choose the lexus hands down. Could you really see yourself regretting choosing a lexus in the long run? Not me!