1995 Lexus Es 300 Factory Amp

OK, I have a 1995 Lexus ES 300. I found the factory amp UNder the Passenger seat and now I want to bypass the amp to run all of my door speakers to the back does anyone know the wire colors for the output of the factory amp to the door speakers. And also does anyone know the wire color for installing my head unit wire harness, like remote , memory, power ant,.. ect.

Thanks for your Help,

Taylor

hey.. if you get a toyota wire harness .... it will work it the lex.... and you wont have to rewire the speaker..... its really not worth it .... the factory amp actually does a good job in assist to the new radio youll put it....

i did it.. and it works like a charm...

Ok ok... now i hear everybody say the amp is under the front passanger seat... i Look and Look but see NOTHING!!! lol do i have to rip up the carpet? Because all i see directly under the seat is the gears for the seat adjustment. I have a '97 es.

ProZac

The system in your ES is an Active system and I do nt think it will work with any other amp.

if you are going to bypass the amp then i suggest you replace the speakers.

I replaced all mine and had the amp installed in the trunk.

I have ripped the old amp out and place my crossover circutry there under the carpet.

Complete rewire was in order!

no way the old speaers would work... and they were crap anyway when i removed them

pull your seat all the way up ... and youll see the amp most likely...... no tearing of carpets required here....

the original speakers on your car dependent upon use... should be awesome... remember they were made to work wit the amp....

And Actually you can get any ISO or DIN radio with a harness from the toyota camry to work with the amp... the speakers are all great... its the singal to the speakers that count... right now.. with the stock radio... its not enough power along side the amp... plus a weak signal.....

Do this .. and it saves you a hole heck of a lotta doe plus time....

ive done this... lots of other people have to...

no complains yet!

Yea. on my '97 i pushed the seat ALL the way up, and all that is there are the vents for the Heater.... the amp is the size of a standard one right? somewhat flat, yet a big square??? its not under the passanger seat.....

ProZac

(where oh where has my little amp gone, oh where oh where could it beeee?) B)

hmmmm ... maybe .. the amp 's dont exist in the 97 up models....

anyone with the g2's and g3's have an amp ?

either that or if you got the car used ... the amp was prolly ripped out......

in my 96 ... the cd was ripped out when i brought it.... i was quite the angry camper :angry:

hrm... well i don't believe it was ripped out, i don't think this 'older' couple who i bought it from would have done that... maybe the head unit has the amp built in to the channel for the sub, it is a big unit, so who knows??? :pirate:

ProZac

• 16 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Connecting the harness blue with white stripe red wires that are connected with the stereo will put sound in the speakers. Mine has a whining pitching sound that goes higher as the motor revs higher. Also music shuts off and my pioneer radio display says amp error, working well randomly longer times than others, resets back to normal when turning the car back on again. Any suggestions to fixing these issues?