How Many Crank Up Your Bass & Treble Controls?

How many crank up your bass & treble controls?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How many crank up your bass & treble controls?

• Yes - The sound sucks otherwise
    • No - I keep the controls set at neutral

This is in reference to the July 20th Blog entry:

Surveying the Best New Car Sound Systems

"If there's a weakness in mobile audio systems, it's in the spectral balance. Many car audio systems tend to overemphasize the bass and treble, because manufacturer think that's what impresses most consumers. In the long run, however, the 'boom-hiss' sound is tiring. The best sound systems present a neutral tonal balance (so long as you resist the temptation to crank up the bass and treble controls)."

:unsure:

I love to hear how good the Mark Levinson system is in the LS range..my old 91 series 1 has the pioneer unit and for a car of its age,im really impressed with that from a factory fit unit....I smiled when i first put music in the disc player in the boot...by todays standards the disc player is nearly as big as a X box :D .

:cheers:

Chips.

Re adjusting the bass & treble controls I have tried adjusting the controls, mostly the bass, and found the neutral settings to be the best and most accurate in my stock '92 LS400 Nak system. I have compared it to my fairly high end home audio system (mono amps/ large monitor speakers) and with a well recorded cd the Lexus audio system sounds excellent.