Strut Bar

sup

i'm new to the whole mod thing, and i was looking at front strut bars, and i was wondering for those of y'all who have them, did they significantly improve handling? and if they did, wut kind should i get or does it not really matter that much? i saw some on ebay for like 8.25 but i also heard that the TRD ones are better. thanks!

ibepuffin9

I bought one on ebay 2 years ago for like 50 bucks I think. IMHO, I think it works. It's not TRD, but it's not cheap either. The es is not sport tuned, so every little trick helps. I don't dive in to turns at fast speed or turn quickly. I think it's just piece of mind that the strut bar ties and somewhat strengthens the front end. I think it's better than nothing. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

I belive and know they work.

If you don't ever reach the limits of an ES (which is easy on a stock one) then it would only make a slight wheel stiffness feeling.

For a few dollars any extra rigidity on the ES is a welcome adition to an otherwise soft and sloppy frame.

thx alot skperformance, i think ill go ahead and get one then. and btw, i really like ur black eyelids. i think im gonna try and get custom ones also, tho im not sure how good white eyelids on a white car will look.

Other than eBay, where can I find a strut bar for my 2000 ES? I'm having trouble finding one.

Not many people know this, but a strut bar made for the Toyota Solara can fit into a '97-'01 ES since they both follow under the same MCV20 chassis. Just do a search on Google or an online parts vendor for a Solara strut bar (under the same years as the ES). The strut bar is black in color with a C-shape on both ends of the piece.