Finally Replaced P/s Pump But.....

bezee

Before changing the p/s pump i heard a squeaking like belt was squeaking. Took it to dealer and they said it was the p/s pump leaking. I would hear the squeak while my foot was off the gas but as soon as i started moving the squeaking would stop. So on saturday i had my mechanic replace the p/s pump but it is still squeaking....even more than before and now i even hear it when im on the gas too. The belt was checked and it looked good....what could this be now? Help please!!

the ac compressor is located ( when facing the engine) to your lower right hand side. and if you ac is off it shouldnt make this noise if it is off. (on and off meaning the ac button inside the car) in any case try to see where the noise is coming from and if your belt is cracking then change that.

Have someone inside the car turn on the a/c with the hood open, engine running you should hear a "click" followed by a slight decrease in engine idle speed. That will tell you when the a/c pump is on. Does your squeak follow the a/c pump cycle?

Sounds like you need a new belt or the tensioner is not keeping it tight enough. Take a bar of soap & with the engine idling, carefully rub it on the belt surfaces & see if that changes the sound, if it does change the belt.