‘99/193k miles/RX300 died; any hope for resuscitation??

MelPDX

Any ideas on whether/how to revive my beloved RX? (I have been trolling eBay for used engines—is JDM Engine Zone reputable?).  If I must get a new car, what is the best thing to do—any recommendations on where to donate my precious RX?
See reflections below—I am sure you can relate. Many thanks for any help/commiseration!

Towed to my driveway is my beloved 24-year-old-best-car-ever Radiant Crossover (I recently learned that is what RX stands for—yet even more reason to love this vehicle!). So many memories, so attractive, so easy to drive with great visibility—no need for warning lights in side mirrors (never in an accident), and so reliable… until its death when the engine sounded like it melded together. (I was driving my daughter— who at birth rode home from the hospital in this RX and then learned to drive in it!— from volleyball practice, and she thought the sound was a souped-up sports car that was passing by… but alas, both the oil and engine light were on and we lost power and coasted to a stop.) 

My mechanic had warned me it was at the end of life… something about losing a bearing and that was why the oil light was flickering on and off… and to drive it to a dealer to trade it in, but instead I thought I could get a few more months out of my baby that never let me down for over two decades!

• 1 month later...

Give it up! If the repair is 50% or more of the value of the vehicle, it's time to move on. Sometimes, faithful cars are like dogs. We had to let go of ours, last year, due to massive stomach cancer. Yes, we could've spent many thousands of dollars to have surgery with little chance of an extended life so reluctantly, I had him put to "sleep". 

2 hours ago, RX400h said:

Give it up! If the repair is 50% or more of the value of the vehicle, it's time to move on. Sometimes, faithful cars are like dogs. We had to let go of ours, last year, due to massive stomach cancer. Yes, we could've spent many thousands of dollars to have surgery with little chance of an extended life so reluctantly, I had him put to "sleep". 

I think RX400h is right, I'm in the same situation...