How Much Water Is Normal Under The Car?

I know the excessive use of A/C is not good for your health, but I need to stay cool nonetheless. The use of A/C makes water and it drips from the underside of the car--like a bad oil leak. I wonder how much water is normal and how much is too much. My ES drips way more water comparing to my Honda. Should I be concerned at all?

The amount of water that drips under your car is totally dependent upon the ambient humidity in the air. As said before, I wouldn't be too concerned about this.

I know the excessive use of A/C is not good for your health, but I need to stay cool nonetheless. The use of A/C makes water and it drips from the underside of the car--like a bad oil leak. I wonder how much water is normal and how much is too much. My ES drips way more water comparing to my Honda. Should I be concerned at all?

The amount of water is dependent on the humidity of the air, the temperature of the AC piping that's accessible to the exterior, and the area of the cold piping that's accessible to the exterior. If you're getting more from the Lexus than the Honda under similar ambient conditions, it's probably because the Lexus is colder.

The more water the better! Alot of water indicates the AC system is putting out alot of cold air and the resulting moisture condensation inside the evaporator is properly draining out to the outside of the car like it is supposed to.

Start worrying if you DON'T see much water.

I know the excessive use of A/C is not good for your health,

coolwater, who said that it was bad for your health? As for the water, let it flow! :D I live where we run the A/C all day, every day for about 3-4 months. It's 110 today and I would not be without my a/c. B)

coolwater, who said that it was bad for your health? As for the water, let it flow! :D  I live where we run the A/C all day, every day for about 3-4 months. It's 110 today and I would not be without my a/c.  B)

mbpqawest, at least you have nice dry air! :) Living in Atlanta, I use A/C for about 5~6 months a year. And, the sun in the south just never sets or goes away during summer--usually around 8pm. The high temperature is reached around 5 or 6pm, hense, the heat stays throughout the entire evening and through the night. :cheers: