Hid Conversion From Oem

I have a 1998 Lexus GS 400 and I wanted to add the HID headlights to this car. But I don't want aftermarket, I would like to get the one's out of the newer GS 400 available like GS 430 so I can have SELF LEVELING and HID. Does anyone know if this is a smooth swap and what will I need to get from the Newer car HID system. Thanks any info or experience would be appreciated

I have a 1998 Lexus GS 400 and I wanted to add the HID headlights to this car. But I don't want aftermarket, I would like to get the one's out of the newer GS 400 available like GS 430 so I can have SELF LEVELING and HID. Does anyone know if this is a smooth swap and what will I need to get from the Newer car HID system. Thanks any info or experience would be appreciated

This would not only be complicated, but would need a lot of $$$$. If i were you, i would just look at the aftermarket ones.

i have aftermarket on my es they are great as you must already know over halogen bulbs

but the only way to get an oem sytem in a car is to sell your and buy a modle with that option

as you would need the headlights relays controllers computer bulbs ballasts rear suspension height sensor and a new engine harness to top off the job

almost every part is closing in on 1000 each

so cost about 10 grand maybe plus labour

so cost about 10 grand maybe plus labour

Now that's some real cash.... Why not just get some Philips bulbs and ballasts for around $400.?? And if you want to stay with that OEM look then get the 4300K or 4100K I can remember which one...

Yeah 4100 is stock color.

Also, you're really not going to notice the auto levelling from inside the car, its more to make other drivers on the road more comfortable. Who cares about them anyways? LOL

• 2 weeks later...