Improving Mpg

Alright, so I popped for the K&N filter -- added an average of 47 miles to my tank of gas. I can now get about 360 miles on a tank before I get too nervous and fill it with about 16.5 gallons. I wanna make it to 400 miles a tank -- any suggestions?

Would a higher performance intake increase MPG? If so which make/model and where do you find them?

What about those gizmos that you hook up to your car's computer that adjusts timing of shifts, and calin that you can increase HP?

I already have synthetic oil runnung thorough my ES that I change every 7,000 miles.

Hey Braxton...I got 50miles/gallon.....secret is drive for 28miles, stop ,and walk for the next 22miles. :P

How did you figure it out that you can get an average 47miles braxton ? if i calculate the way you stated 360miles/16.5gal= 21.8miles/gal, which is worst than original lexus claimed. If you are using K&N Filter you should get more power not more miles. Higher intake will decrease the mpg. ;)

No, what he means is that 47miles were added to his Full tank miles. So, he went from 360 miles per full tank to 400 miles per full tank not 47mpg. ;)

Hm... :blink: I wonder why he said " I wanna make it to 400 miles a tank -- any suggestions? " :rolleyes: That's mean he did not go to 400miles yet :angry:

maybe I should go back to English class...oh well cheers.... :D