Supercharger On Lx470

GRD

You might want to act quickly if you want a supercharger for the V8. I heard that they're being taken off the market. Don't know if this is a short-term or long-term thing, but aside from the blowers currently in the hands of the dealers, Toyota/TRD is not releasing any more in the foreseeable future.

FWIW, I have a friend with the TRD supercharger, but he had it installed by the dealership (he got a great price on a used one (with only 1K miles on it) from ebay). One downside to installing the supercharger on the V8 is that it completely blocks access to the starter -- the supercharger sit on top of the starter. The only reason this is a problem is that the starter contacts are known to wear out at 60k to 120k miles. To access the starter, you'd need to completely remove the blower.

Good Evening,

The starter sits in the top of the motor, at the base of the "V", in the back.

Blower or not, the whole intake manifold has to come off to get to the starter. Not much fun in either case.

I have an '02 Tundra V8 with the TRD. The LX470 needs some additional procedures, making it slightly harder, but the same blower fits both motors.

Three big points - Use premium fuel; don't add an FIPK intake; and buy an extra serpentine belt.

Hopefully, I'll add one to my LX470 before they all disappear.

Good Luck :D

...and buy an extra serpentine belt...

Excellent point. My friend shredded his on the trail and had a hell of a time locating a belt that would fit. Always cary a spare belt. Although...this rule should apply to everyone.