Amplifier Location In 93 Ls400

93ls400

I have a 93 LS 400 which has a distorted sound and low vol on right side speaker when Cass is on. Radio works fine and speakers works ok when radio is on. I spoke to "Factory car Stereo Repair, Inc. " in FL and they think it is Amplifier. They told me that it is located on the right side of the trunk, I couldn't find it. Can you guys tell me where to find it and how to remove it. I have a Pioneer stereo system without CD.

how is it an amplifier if your radio works just fine on all speakers? its ur head unit and a it just might be a dirty tape head. use a cleaning tape and it might help if not then problem is in the head cirquitry, but def not the amp.

amp is located in the trunk i think somewhere on the right side but i'm not sure.

I have a 93 LS400 and mine is in the trunk on the right hand side but, you do have to take off the back carpet panel, four screws on top and three on the bottom. I have the same problem by the way but I was told my problem was my head unit.

Here is a link to a guy that will fix it for a pretty good price.

http://carstereohelp.com/lexus.htm

He also has removal instructions here.

http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalLexusLS400str.htm

Good luck. :cheers:

VMF

I am not sure myself what exactly the problem is. Some time it works OK , then all of a sudden it makes loud noise (like police siren) on right side speaker. I also noticed that right side speaker vol is always very low as compare to left side. Now I have to turn the vol almost on max in order to listen the cass. All the above happens when I use cass, radio works ok w/o any problem and w/o any vol ,loss. I have used a tape cleaner but that didn't help. Any clue what else it can be

it might be the damaged tape player in the head unit, they just follow the link from the post above if you like it and get it fixed. but its def head unit, not the amp or speakers.prolly the playing head in the tape player is dying or some other prob which you cant fix yourself.