Replacement Parts?

After this internship I'll have a bit of money, only like 1500, to replace/add some stuff to my car. :D The other half from the program is mandatory for tuiton... darn...The first thing is the front windshield which is like $250 so I have like 1250 left for what ever. So here is my list of conciderations, anything missing?...any suggestions on what kinds or if its in the right pirority? And any estimations to how much each thing is? Thanks.

1. the windshield... darn rock chips where you can't easily see them...under the wiper blades.... <_<

2. cd player... I would like something that is low profile and not all flashy like I see in the hondas at school that blink and change colors, illumiating the interoir and costing them 100 hours of their minimum wage job. I would like just a standard cd player that doesn't increase the possiblility of theft. (If they are stealing the car I would like them to steal it for the car, not for the cd player...) *knock knock* on wood

3. Spark plugs and plug wires. Which ones are the best for the money. I dont want something that will eat up half my budget and I dont want something that will be 2.50 a pop like the ones my friend got for his 240sx

4. some sort of strut and spring set up to lower the car like 1 or 2 inches

The breaks are still good and the 120k maintence and timing belt is not for another 9k miles. I already have the 97 + mod's and IS wheels. Thanks

And, oh, where should I get theese things?

I would go with a nice suspension set up, or a set of Cd'd/slotted rotors...no cleaner mods than those...

also, would you mind posting a pic of your car with the IS wheels?

im considering gettin rid of my GS for a non-vvt-i SC300 and am considering putting the stock wheels on it and swappin the IS wheels over to the SC

Regarding Item #3: You get what you pay for so go for NGK iridium spark plugs, the few dollars more for these are well worth the price. Ebay is usually your best bet for a good price.

Since you are going to change out your spark plug wires it's not a bad idea to also replace the rotors & caps, best to use OEM not some cheap-o aftermarket junk.

Since you live in the Seattle area compare the price for the OEM parts at Lexus of Seattle in Lynnwood to a good discount OEM parts house like Hoy Fox in Texas: http://www.hoyfoxlexus.com

The price you will pay in shipping may work out to about what you would pay over the counter at Lexus of Seattle. I would not suggest Lexus of Bellevue - too pricey.

Next go to a good independent shop like Greg's Japanese Auto (downtown Seattle, see Martin, tell him WeatherDon sent you) and have them install all of the above if you don't plan on doing it yourself.

I would go with a nice suspension set up, or a set of Cd'd/slotted rotors...no cleaner mods than those...

also, would you mind posting a pic of your car with the IS wheels?

any suggestions ont he suspension set up and the cost? I know very little... and the rotors, if I wait till they go out, my dad will buy them for me when it comes time to changing them :D spoiled

I'm not sure how to post a pic, but the pic on the avatar thing is my car with the wheels...