Tilt/telescopic Steering

Lexusing

Good day all,

I have notice that my tilt/telescopic does not complete the travel cycle when the key is inserted or removed from the ignition. I found the technical service for this problem but I am not sure how to removed the following parts:

1. End pad surrounding ignition key cylinder

2.No 1 under cover

3.No 2 safety pad

4.Steering columb cover

Thank you for your help. :cheers:

KT

the plastic round piece around the igition comes off by just carefully prying it with a flathead screwdriver or equivelant, then you can get to the ignition...

i don't really understand "undercover or safty pad is" but you take the sterring collum cover off by taking out a few phillips screws for the bottom of the sterring housing.

to remove the ignition you have to pry out the surrounding plastic piece (5 inch piece or so surrounding the ignition), pry from the bottom and pop it off

once you have that off, just do as i stated above pry the outter ring off

to remove the steering housing just remove the 2 bolts underneath the column, look underneath there and u will see them (they could be hex, instead of phillips i'm not sure) take those out and and the housing will come off.