If U Have A Lexus Vote Now!

my ls430

what year is your ls  

129 members have voted

1. 1. what year is your ls

• l1994
    • post 1999

Thanks for the offer John to us all :cheers:

But without putting a damper on this topic.... :unsure: over here in the uk,your good work wouldnt stay on my car very long :o .....theres good and bad people in every part of the world,but over here it seems theres more bad,well i think its because they can get away with it because the police are under manned :(..if you phone the police all you get is a "crime ref number"to give to your insurance company,they dont bother to come out and look at the damage :( ....my point is theres been alot cars getting damaged or stolen,im on a few other forums of which have alot of members who live close to me and they have had there cars keyed and even broken into parked outside there homes :angry: and it seems to be on the increase :rolleyes:

Id love to give my car a makeover,but id only draw more attention to it ;)

Keep up the good work.

Sorry to lower the tone :blushing:

:cheers:

Chips.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the offer John to us all :cheers:

But without putting a damper on this topic.... :unsure: over here in the uk,your good work wouldnt stay on my car very long :o .....theres good and bad people in every part of the world,but over here it seems theres more bad,well i think its because they can get away with it because the police are under manned :(..if you phone the police all you get is a "crime ref number"to give to your insurance company,they dont bother to come out and look at the damage :( ....my point is theres been alot cars getting damaged or stolen,im on a few other forums of which have alot of members who live close to me and they have had there cars keyed and even broken into parked outside there homes :angry: and it seems to be on the increase :rolleyes:

Id love to give my car a makeover,but id only draw more attention to it ;)

Keep up the good work.

Sorry to lower the tone :blushing:

Chips.

I feel your pain. This country has it's bad element areas too, fortunately for us here, when it starts getting that bad, we have lots more room to pack up and move to.

We have a car commercial over here. I don't recall the car manufacturer, in any case, it shows a man coming out of an office complex. He walks toward this incredibly beat up vehicle parked in the street. He pauses and looks around for a moment then suddenly pulls off this car cover to reveal a bright shiny new car. He hurries and shoves the car cover into the trunk and drives away. :lol:

John

We have a car commercial over here. I don't recall the car manufacturer, in any case, it shows a man coming out of an office complex. He walks toward this incredibly beat up vehicle parked in the street. He pauses and looks around for a moment then suddenly pulls off this car cover to reveal a bright shiny new car. He hurries and shoves the car cover into the trunk and drives away. :lol:

John

the commercial is for the kia spectra.

click the "Spectra 'Car Cover' Ad" on this page (left column)

I cannot recall exactly how long I have had this vehicle -- have to ask the wifey, she remembers everything... ahha ahah haha

Anyway, I just add satellite radio and was so impressed with the finished work, I took some pics of the interior -- no doubt, you will like it too.

Well, this is just an alert to let you know pics of my 91 are coming. :-D

nice thread

We have a car commercial over here. I don't recall the car manufacturer, in any case, it shows a man coming out of an office complex. He walks toward this incredibly beat up vehicle parked in the street. He pauses and looks around for a moment then suddenly pulls off this car cover to reveal a bright shiny new car. He hurries and shoves the car cover into the trunk and drives away.  :lol:

John

the commercial is for the kia spectra.

click the "Spectra 'Car Cover' Ad" on this page (left column)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :D :D :D :D

Nice one thats one of the best adverts ive seen in a long time.

Tell me where i can import theses car covers..... :D

I could be a millionaire this time next week :lol::lol::rolleyes:

Chips.

• 1 month later...

In May of this year, I purchased a New LS430. It's Mercury Metallic with Black Leather.

It looks just like the pictures in the Brochure. As far as I know, there are no pictures of my specific Auto.

So far, no problems of any kind. I'm as happy as I hoped I would be.

Ok, I've been found out....I'm a foreigner in a US Lexus site ! :D :P

My car is a 95 Gen 2 LS400. In Australian spec, the engine puts out 204kw, or approx. 278bhp. I think US specs quoted 260bhp, but I don't know how to explain the difference in power outputs. (260bhp = approx. 190kw, which is what Lexus Australia quoted for the 1st Gen LS400)

You'll notice the side indicator repeaters, and headlight washers as differences to US spec cars. The compartment in the rear armrest houses controls for the audio and rear climate control system.

I am the 3rd owner, I purchased the car in 2003. It has now done 154,000km / 95,000 miles. It is in mint condition. I recently completed the 150,00km service a few months ago, and changed the timing belt, water pump and front lower ball joints. If I could get rid of an annoying squeak in the rear suspension, I'd be even more happy with the car :rolleyes: