2005 Lexus Lx470

pagemaster

I was told by me dealer that the LX470 will get the major design change in 2006. I doubt it will be called the LX470 anymore and the new model will replace it.

Small changes will most likely be made in 2005 but the bid redo is in 2006.

Hello,

I do not believe the Sequoia will be used as a lexus as it is built in the US. All lexus are built in Japan. I do know that Lexus plans to offer a hybrid version of every vehicle by 2007. I know they are going to keep the LX470 and you should see a complete redesign appear in 2006 as a 2007. They are having a difficult time deciding on the platform - so it can accomodate the electric engine.

Thanks!!

The goal for the hybrid version is 2010 ;)

The scuttlebut is that the next LX470 will indeed be built on the Sequoia platform and will be built at the new RX330 plant in Canada (The RX330s are made in Canada now also) or here in the US alongside the Sequoia. I'm hoping it will be Canada...

The problem with the current LX is that the Land Cruiser platform isn't big enough to make the LX stand out from the GX, the two are too similar in size. The Land Cruiser is slated to be axed as well.

Sorry - you are wrong on axing the Land Cruiser! It is an icon, it is like axing the Corvette fo Chevy. The Hybrid goal IS 2007. This comes from my service manager who just returned from CA to see the RX400H. I have great inside info! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

the land cruiser will never be axed; the lx will because of sales and profit margin. the gx has been around under the name of prado in other parts of the world. I f you go any where in asia or africa all you see are land cruisers mostly because they work and dont need constant repairs.

the 2005's get the variable timing; lots of models are getting it the lx, gx, and the full size pick ups. just go to the dealerships you may even get a super deal on a 2004 if the dealer has one; some one on this site paid 58 and change for a brand new one.

• 1 month later...
I am torn between buying a 2004 LX470 or waiting for the 2005 model in hopes that they will go with a larger engine. How can the 2005 engine selection be confirmed ?

You can now confirm (actually disprove) the re-tuned engine rumor for the 2005 LX470. Lexus has posted all of the 2005 details except the GX on their web site. Here's the link for the 2005 LX470 which still lists a 235HP engine. http://www.lexus.com/models/lx/performance.html