What Problems Are YOU Experiencing?

Which of the following are you experiencing in ur GX470?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following are you experiencing in ur GX470?

• Vibration
    • Clunk (or also known as Thump)
    • Both
    • Both and something else (plz describe)
    • Not the first 2 but something else (plz describe)

i wana know if it is jst my dealer, or if the problems really come back after a while. :cries: If they jst come back, WHAT IS THE REAL FIX FOR THESE PROBLEMS??? :chairshot:

• 3 months later...
i wana know if it is jst my dealer, or if the problems really come back after a while.  :cries:    If they jst come back, WHAT IS THE REAL FIX FOR THESE PROBLEMS???  :chairshot:

It comes back! I have an '04 purchased in June. By mid-August I had a new drive shaft that was lapped, lubed, and drilled. 1k later the thump/clunk is back, albiet intermittently but when it's there, it's there...... On my last service report, the dealer actually wrote that they have tried all the fixes available and that nothing more can be done at this time. What a disappointment! I loved my ES300 and had NO problems in 6 years and 125K but this is pathetic in a "luxury" car.

i wana know if it is jst my dealer, or if the problems really come back after a while. :cries:    If they jst come back, WHAT IS THE REAL FIX FOR THESE PROBLEMS??? :chairshot:

It comes back! I have an '04 purchased in June. By mid-August I had a new drive shaft that was lapped, lubed, and drilled. 1k later the thump/clunk is back, albiet intermittently but when it's there, it's there...... On my last service report, the dealer actually wrote that they have tried all the fixes available and that nothing more can be done at this time. What a disappointment! I loved my ES300 and had NO problems in 6 years and 125K but this is pathetic in a "luxury" car.

Yep, it does come back. I am on the second round right now on my 04' The fixes, no matter if it is drilling holes, lapping stuff, new driveline, they all thump again after a few thousand miles. no permanante fix as of now.

Bulletins for 2003 Lexus Truck GX 470 V8-4670cc 4.7L DOHC MFI

Service Bulletins

TSB Number  Issue Date  TSB Title

1. EG004-04 APR 04 Exhaust System - Excessive Sulfur Dioxide Odors

2. DL001-04 APR 04 Driveline - Rear Driveshaft Clunk/Thump Noise

3. EL001-04 MAR 04 Electrical - 'Crank Hold System' Jump Starting

4. ST004-04 FEB 04 Steering/Driveline - Vibration/Drone

5. AC001-04 JAN 04 A/C - Poor Cooling in High Temperatures

6. EG003-03 DEC 03 Emissions - MIL ON/DTC's P0441, P0442/P0446 Set

7. SS002-03 DEC 03 Engine Controls - O2 Sensor Monitor Threshold Values

8. BO012-03 DEC 03 Interior - Seat Belt Extender Applications/Availability

9. EL015-03 NOV 03 Instruments - Inaccurate Outside Temperature Display

10. BO008-03 OCT 03 Interior - Console Box Door Won't Stay Closed

11. SS003R-01 SEP 03 Engine Controls - ECU Programming Error Displayed

12. SS001R-01 SEP 03 Engine Controls - ECU Programming Procedure

13. BO005-03 SEP 03 Body - Hood is Difficult to Open

14. BO006-03 SEP 03 Interior - Rear Door Power Window Switch Loose

15. BO007-03 SEP 03 Interior - Trim Panel Removel/Installation Precautions

16. EL011-03 SEP 03 Body - Power Window 'AUTO-UP' Feature Malfunctions

17. SU001-03 AUG 03 Suspension - Squeak From Front on Sharp Bumps

18. EL010-03 AUG 03 Lexus Link System® - Error Detected

19. NV007-03 AUG 03 Body - Rear Door Grinding Noise

20. AU002-03 JUN 03 Audio System - Rear Audio/CD Changer Troubleshooting

21. BO004-03 JUN 03 Interior - Front Seats 'Loose' Feeling

22. EL006-03 JUN 03 Navigation System - Map Screen is Blank

23. AX004-03 MAY 03 Cell Phone - Headphones Turn OFF in Cold Weather

24. PG003-03 MAY 03 Body - License Plate Mounting Precautions

25. TC002-03 MAY 03 Engine Controls - ECM Reset Memory Function

26. NV003-03 APR 03 Interior - Seat Track Squeak/Creak Noise

27. NV002-03 APR 03 Engine - Engine Cover Buzzing Noise

28. EL002-03 MAR 03 Instruments - Service Maintenance Lamp Resetting

29. NV001-03 MAR 03 Interior - Front/3rd Row Seats Squeaks/Rattles

30. TC001-03 FEB 03 A/T - A750 Solenoid Identification

31. EG001-03 FEB 03 Exhaust System - Sulfur Smell

32. SS005R-01 JAN 03 Diagnostic Tester - Immobilizer Function

33. PG016-02 OCT 02 Body - Moonroof Initialization Procedure

34. BO005-02 SEP 02 Interior - Seat Belt Extender Availability/Applications

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/74/03740614.html

Thump can be fixed, my dealer finally did, but it took awhile, Lexus knows they have an issue on 04 GX's on this problem.

i know Lexus can fix it, only if the tech at the Lexus dealer knew how to fix it also! :chairshot: <_<

So - I have 300 miles on my sept '04 GX, should I expect thunks, sqeaks etc?

I hope not, cus that would start me to think I shoulda kept the '99 LX that I loved so much.......:wacko:

I've got one thousand miles on mine, so far no thumps or squeeks, not even a rattle. Did that 99 LX have the same 235 hp 4.7 L engine in it?

How do you find your new GX compares to your LX?

So - I have 300 miles on my sept '04 GX, should I expect thunks, sqeaks etc?

I hope not, cus that would start me to think I shoulda kept the '99 LX that I loved so much.......:wacko:

I've got one thousand miles on mine, so far no thumps or squeeks, not even a rattle. Did that 99 LX have the same 235 hp 4.7 L engine in it?

How do you find your new GX compares to your LX?

THE 235HP 5Spd AUTO engine came to the LX in 03. the previous models were only 230hp w 4spd auto

• 2 weeks later...
i wana know if it is jst my dealer, or if the problems really come back after a while.  :cries:    If they jst come back, WHAT IS THE REAL FIX FOR THESE PROBLEMS???  :chairshot:

we have had our GX470 since june. before that, we had the LX470. the LX was the best vehicle i have ever had the pleasure of driving. the GX is the WORST. i have very few things to say about it that are positive. it has been in for service about 4 times. it started the transmission slip issue in august. at first, i kept looking up into my review mirror to see if someone had nudged me from behind!!!!! it went in for service and they tweaked the drive shaft. it came back -- on the ride home! last week it went in for service and they have now replaced the drive shaft. it's better, but the first signs of the recurring problem STILL showed again on the ride home. now, it's intermittent, but still, when sitting at a stop sign or redlight, it's there. not all the time, but it will not go away! i'm going back in again on thursday to ride with a technician. this will be the third time. i DO NOT LIKE this car anywa. i HATE the tailgate. i think it's really kind of cheap, it flails around in a light breeze. this is the fourth toyota produce i've had -- including a limited four runner, land cruiser and LX470 -- and it's hands down the worst. most at the dealership refuse to acknowledge there's a problem. but i have a neighbor with the same issues and i see others have as well. THIS REALLY LOWERS MY OPININO OF LEXUS!

i wana know if it is jst my dealer, or if the problems really come back after a while. :cries:    If they jst come back, WHAT IS THE REAL FIX FOR THESE PROBLEMS??? :chairshot:

we have had our GX470 since june. before that, we had the LX470. the LX was the best vehicle i have ever had the pleasure of driving. the GX is the WORST. i have very few things to say about it that are positive. it has been in for service about 4 times. it started the transmission slip issue in august. at first, i kept looking up into my review mirror to see if someone had nudged me from behind!!!!! it went in for service and they tweaked the drive shaft. it came back -- on the ride home! last week it went in for service and they have now replaced the drive shaft. it's better, but the first signs of the recurring problem STILL showed again on the ride home. now, it's intermittent, but still, when sitting at a stop sign or redlight, it's there. not all the time, but it will not go away! i'm going back in again on thursday to ride with a technician. this will be the third time. i DO NOT LIKE this car anywa. i HATE the tailgate. i think it's really kind of cheap, it flails around in a light breeze. this is the fourth toyota produce i've had -- including a limited four runner, land cruiser and LX470 -- and it's hands down the worst. most at the dealership refuse to acknowledge there's a problem. but i have a neighbor with the same issues and i see others have as well. THIS REALLY LOWERS MY OPININO OF LEXUS!

:o

• 3 weeks later...

I have close to 2K miles on it. While driving on the Sierra mountain several days during a very windy night, occassionally I hear some vibriation or rattle some where on the top of the roof.

I thought it was the roof rack but after inspection, rack appears to be mounted tight. So I am somewhat puzzle to what it was. I was driving about 60-65miles.

Now we are not hearing it anymore. Strange.

I have close to 2K miles on it. While driving on the Sierra mountain several days during a very windy night, occassionally I hear some vibriation or rattle some where on the top of the roof.

I thought it was the roof rack but after inspection, rack appears to be mounted tight. So I am somewhat puzzle to what it was. I was driving about 60-65miles.

Now we are not hearing it anymore. Strange.

i think it's coming from the moonroof sidings on the inside. If you touch it real gently, you can feel like it would fall off! that's probably where it's coming from. ;)