Which one's the best?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which one's the best?

• Generation 1 LS400 (1990-1994)
    • Generation 2 LS400 (1994-1997)
    • Generation 3 LS400 (1998-2000)
    • Generation 4 LS430 (2001- )

I personally prefer them in this order G3, G4, G2, G1

I can't quite warm up to the looks of the 430, the front end seems to heavy and the car seems tallish, but I love the interior and the extra added features.

Whats everyone else think?

I went G4.

prolly cos I have seen so many of these "in the flesh" in dealers etc

I see the older models - but going by on the road sorta thing.

Again - the two tone paint puts me off the older ones - its not my cup of tea

Yeah, the two tone paint is annoying. I believe they were trying to copy the paint scheme of the Mercedes S class? Appearance wise it was good my 1990 LS400 was repainted otherwise I would of eventually did it myself. It was repainted to solid onyx black. Please see the pics in the gallery> http://us.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/LS?&page=2

I will be putting 18" chrome rims on the car next month. It should look pretty good. It will look like an expensive car. But I paid less than 8K total with rims.... Hehehe....

The best part....I own it free and clear with no CAR PAYMENT... That's what I really like...

DSC00465_001.sized.jpg

DSC00467.thumb.jpgDSC00466.thumb.jpg

G4, because it's the only LS I have been driven. :lol:

it's actually my dad's car, but I almost drive it everyday to work with my dad because he likes to sit in there more than drives it. At first I thought the style and performance of the LS430 are very dull. Then I change my view after drove it for sometime. It's the most refine and comfortable car I have drove. ride quality is a lot better than my SC with run flat.

I am sure G1, G2, G3 are also having very good ride quality.

G4 :P

As Matt said, the older LS are mostly seen on the road and do look 'dated'. The new G4 LS looks really smart and modern. The interior is really stylish. I have only seen 1 new LS on the road and it def. had road presence B)

• 1 year later...