Trac Light, "engine" Light On At Start-up

rct20

I've done a few searches on TRAC light, and seen some similar issues but was unable to be sure they're exactly the same as mine.

My car in parked in an underground garage and driven once or twice a week. Frequently, as I start out, the TRAC light is on (button won't affect it) and the dash light shaped like an engine (forgive my ignorance of it's title, I'm at work and can't look it up) is also lit. This usually persists for about 30-45minutes or 25 miles, whichever comes first. Then they return to normal.

What do I need to do to find out what causes this and what if anything, may be the problem. I prefer not to go to "Lexus of Manhattan" and spend $1500 to find out.

Any other suggestions or diagnosis?

if the lights are on it means that error code exists while they are on. you should get the error code out and post it here and we will be more then glad to tell you what it means.

gen I ls is not obd compliant thus there is no obd connector. there is a special procedure when you have to short some pins to put ur ecu into the testing mode and then count how many times your check engine light would flash. it will give u series of long and short flashes which will bethe error code. i'm sure one of our gen I gurus will give you more info on this matter

i've posted this problem previously, still not fixed, i think its the traction control unit near the throttle because i hear a clicking noise that sounds like its jammed when i leave the car on IGN and not start it...

i've posted this problem previously, still not fixed, i think its the traction control unit near the throttle because i hear a clicking noise that sounds like its jammed when i leave the car on IGN and not start it...

did you get this resolved?