After Market Wheels And Tires

If you are concerned about the ride quality, sorry to say but it will get worse. It can't be helped since you are losing a lot of rubber (sidewall). Even going from the stock 16s to the stock 17s, you will notice a ride degradation. Only you will be able to tell if you are OK with it. Eveyone's tolerances are different.

If you want to go ahead and do it, then "normal" sizes for 18s are 18x8.5 rims with 245/40 tires. This sizing will keep you within spec of the OEM wheels. If you want to go staggered (wider rear), I think it will look better. The only drawback is that you won't be able to rotate the tires. In this case, you still do the same fronts are above but get 18x9.5 or 18x10 with 275/35 tires.

2 considerations:

offset - depending on how aggressive you want the look, i.e. how flushed to the fender you want, the correct offset is crucial because of rubbing issues.

big brakes - if you ever have plans to upgrade your brakes with larger rotors/calipers, the correct disc fitment is also necessary.

This is just an overview. Once you fill in the blanks of your choices, I (and others here) can answer more specifics. This is easier than to have a huge post saying "if you want this, then do that. if you wnat this other, then do that other" and so on. ;)

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

i've had all three, 16" stock wheels, 17" L-Tuned Wheels, and 18" Staggered, fat lipped wheels. You will lose precise luxury ride with the 18s, and even the 17s feel as if there is degradation of quality. But, it could be tires, front shocks, weakened stabilizer, etc.etc.

but, all things being the same, i think you will lose ride quality with bigger wheels.