Update On My Vvt-i Turbo Coupe

SP fabbed a 12-tooth crank trigger setup and a cam trigger setup on the exhaust cam gear to sync to the AEM. Cool stuff. Everything went together great and Lar started the car today. We've decided to swap out the injectors for larger 75lb units...they'll be in on Mon, at which point they'll be installed and the car will be tuned on the dyno once again. Looks like it'll be all done next week.

- Jon

JPI...i'll post some when it gets here.

AWJ...thx man, SP has small tip injectors which will fit the GE rail w/out machining...don't know the part number though, Larry got 'em for me, give him a call. Yeah, using the ge vvt-i head, SP completely redid it...new valves, valve job, machined it a bit, etc. Entire long block has zero miles on it (well, probably a mile or two from hours on the dyno already :rolleyes: ). Lar assures me with the aem he'll get it to run mint despite the new injectors being almost 800cc. I'll keep you guys posted...have to have it together in time for my engagement party, couple of ppl will be there to check it out. You should take a drive up AJ.

Just hit 509 rwhp @ 21 psi.

This is w/ conservative tuning, through an automatic, with the stock exhaust.

It ran out of pump though, so Lar stopped there. In the interest of time we'll be wrapping it up...i'll be adding a second Walbro later and will Dyno again.

I cannot say enough about Sound Performance. Their skill and professionalism are top notch. I've built up alot of cars and dealt with alot of shops...SP did me right and met all my expectations.

Larry, Gary, Ivan, and Max....thanks a million.

Any questions about SP or this project in general...feel free to contact me.

- Jon

We've changed the plan...second Walbro is going in this weekend, car will be back on the dyno Monday, we'll see if we can make a bit more power.

bean...if you're not running vvt-i then I would not recommend using my settings.

jzz30, vvt-i improves VE, which gives you benefits in turbo spool..goes together like tuna fish and lamb.

You prefer spaghetti and meatball?

2nd walbro went in, aeroquip -8 supply line, and a crapload of fittings, plus a cool bulkhead setup for the pumps. The results?

585 rwhp @ 24 psi.

This is with an automatic, tuned conservative, through an airflow meter, and that teeny vvt-i throttle body, with the stock cams. Lar says we would have eclipsed 600 rwhp...but the transport driver was getting real cranky waiting. Anyway it's on the way back to me, project complete. About a year, three engines, two engine management systems, and two fuel systems....but it's done. Big up to Lar/Gary/Ivan/Max/Bill, my goals were met and exceeded.

- Jon

Nice to know that you are making some good power. My project is on hold for now, the shop is too busy and I couldn't keep up with all the work coming in. I tried to email you so many times, oh well I will catch you later Jon.

JPI