Introduction

don m

My name is Don and I joined LOC on 5-3-03. I posted a question regarding the cassette player in the LS400 and did receive 2 helpful responses. What I failed to do was introduce myself. Please accept my apologies.

I purchased my 93 LS400 in Nov.02 from a local Lexus dealer and is the first Lexus I've owned. It had 55,000 miles on it when I purchased it and is in excellent condition. A

6 month / 6,000 mile warranty was included in the purchase

price. It is without a doubt the best riding car I've ever owned. This car even impressed my wife. I expect to keep this car for approximately 5 or 6 years and then get a newer one. Until then we hope for happy motoring, especially on our yearly drive to Florida for a weeks vacation at Disney World. We drove this vehicle there in Dec 02 and I was really surprised with the gas mileage (average 25.5 mpg) and racked up 2350 miles. I did have the power steering pump replaced in April. The warranty had actually expired because the 6000 miles had been surpassed by just 500 but the dealer replaced it at no charge anyway (would have been $732.00). What a break that was. A bigger surprise was how tight the steering is now. It is like driving a new car.

Anyway, that's about it. I look forward to reading posts especially about the LS400 and hopefully will be able to assist someone sometime.

Thanks,

Don M. : :D :D