Nakamichi Aftermarket Sp C452 4" Speakers

Does anyone know for sure, whether the Nakamichi aftermarket 'SP C452' speakers will fit EXACTLY as replacements for the OEM Nakamichi door speakers on a 1991 LS400?

By fit exactly, I mean plug and play. No cutting, no hacking, no hoping, no nothing.

Anyone know?

rct20 presently I'm trying out a set of Nak 452 speakers in the rear doors of my '92 LS400, the rest of my system is all oem Lexus/Nak. They sound fine and being two way speakers the tweeters give added boost to the high end which will be even more noticable for the rear seat passengers. The Nak 452 speakers require very minor modification to fit in the Lexus door speaker enclosures. I used some silicone sealant to fill the gaps between the speaker and enclosure to make a tight seal. All in all it was a fairly easy job. The only speakers that I know of that will fit the enclosure exactly are the Lexus oem speakers. Lexus didn't want to make it easy for anyone to use aftermaket speakers etc so eveythng is an odd size. Heard the original speakers cost $400 each from the Lexus dealer. You can purchase used Lexus speakers from salvage yards which I did. Figure on spending $75 each. This can be hit and miss, I had to return quite a few speakers before I got some that worked. The used Lexus speakers are 10-14 years old and who knows how long they will last. The Nak 452 speakers sound decent, the price is very reasonable and if you are installing them yourself it isn't difficult. Four Door.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Four door: apparently I have just blown the two speakers on the drivers side of my 92 LS400 and the passenger side speakers are still good. Can I move the right front to the left rear and then just put two new ones (452's) for the front right and left?

You may want to check all of your speakers. I pulled the back seat out of my SC400 to replace the passenger-side 4" deck speaker and found that my other one was completely gone as well. It didnt even sound bad....very strange. That then made me think that I ought to check the front as well. They were both blown too. The funny thing is that until the rear passenger started buzzing, I had no idea. I just replaced them with some Kenwood KFC-1079ie speakers and am not real happy. I think my blown Naks sounded a little better...lol.

• 2 months later...

I just installed all 4 C452 speakers in my '94 this weekend. Wife had blown 2 right side ones, and the left sides finally gave out while waiting for me to make up my mind on replacements.

Thru this forum I was convinced to use the 452's and I don't regret it now. Went in fairly smoothly, really. Had to make mounting screw hole mods and notch for little pegs, but other than that. It went great. Thanks for the informative post. This is why these forums work!!

• 2 months later...
Four door:  apparently I have just blown the two speakers on the drivers side of my 92 LS400 and the passenger side speakers are still good.  Can I move the right front to the left rear and then just put two new ones (452's) for the front right and left?

saldanha your '92 LS400 front and rear door speakers are not interchangable. You will have to match the speakers with oem/Lexus speakers or replace all of them with aftermarket speakers, ie the Nak 452.

Update on Nak C452 speakers. I'v been running them in the rear doors of my '92 LS400 that was updated from stock Pioneer to a Nak system. After six months listening I am very pleased with the performance of the Nak C452 speakers and I have had zero problems with them or my system. The install in the stock speaker inclosures was fairly easy and the sound of the speakers is difficult to tell from the original oem/Lexus front door speakers. Overall the C452 speakers are an excellent match for the Lexus oem system and the cost is very reasonable with minimal skill/tools needed for the install, a really simple diy. Four Door.