Xm Radio

griffisa

I'm interested in getting XM radio on my 430 but I understand the antennae is a black 2x2 square that is mounted on the side of the trunk lid. Does anyone have this on their 430 and if you do is there anyway to post some pictures so i can get an idea of what it would look like on my vehicle because on some review websites people have complained that it looks really out of place and bad. PLease someone help!!

I'm interested in getting XM radio on my 430 but I understand the antennae is a black 2x2 square that is mounted on the side of the trunk lid. Does anyone have this on their 430 and if you do is there anyway to post some pictures so i can get an idea of what it would look like on my vehicle because on some review websites people have complained that it looks really out of place and bad. PLease someone help!!

I had XM in my Olds Aurora (which I just sold and bought a ES330). I mounted the antenna on the inside dash. It worked perfectly. Was able to see the wire run down the dash but be a little creative and you can hide it to some degree. It never bothered me. I plan to install in my Lexus over next few days.

Lexus won't install the antenna anywhere but the rear decklid. You SOMETIMES can talk them into putting it in the middle of the trunk all the way by the window. My dad has it on his 430 and it doesn't look bad. You can have them painted body color if you like.

I am going to have mine painted the same color as the body. It doesn't look reeeally bad, but if it was painted you wouldn't notice it at all. It does look a bit out of place. I tried to have mine center mounted on the back trunk edge but the dealer told me the kit wouldn't support it, so I decided to take the camouflage route. My car is in storage right now, otherwise I would send you a pic, sorry.