Help On Exhaust

like a month ago i bought an hks hyper exhaust and new headers from toyomoto.I was told i would feel a big difference in my take off, but instead off getting an increase in hp i feel like it decresed. What can i do to fix this problem because i spent alot of $$$ on those two tthings....... please some ideas

I would try a new intake. Maybe something like the SRT...it looks like a great setup...I am no mechanic, but I would imagine that would have made it feel like you lost HP just because you only dealt with the exhaust...which will help the exhaust gases get expelled...but there is no additional air getting put into the engine...so I would try the intake...I am willing to bet that once you do that, you will notice a difference...it's not going to be anything like a supercharger or anything, but you should definitely notice a positive difference...let me know how it works out for you! :cheers:

your loosing torque cause you now dont have much back pressure from the exhuast.. reigns7703 has the right idea.. get srt's intake/ecu set up.. you will notice a BIG difference.. since your already setup to expell more air, its now time to take in more air. B)

• 4 weeks later...

the tradeoff to less back pressure is LESS low end power, but you will make up for it in top end. Sux for daily driving, i noticed same thing in a few different vehicles, including a 4 cylinder ford ranger. You will also lose gas mileage, though both Intake kits and exhaust systems advertise the opposite :rolleyes: