The Front Conroll Arm Bushings

Who offers the front controll arm bushings for the sc400? I dont want to pay for the whole assembly. I was hopeing to get some bushings or ball joint to repair them. Any info of you who have changed them holler at me

Tommy K

Fresno CA

I was at a local mechanics and heard that the dealer control arm parts ( I guess the lower ones) cost $550 each side. That will end up to be $1500 with labor.

Check out www.vftbushes.com where they have the bushings only parts.

I know some already have done it.

My car is at 200K+ mileage and lost the silkiness of a Lexus, so I might want to do it as well.

I was at a local mechanics and heard that the dealer control arm parts ( I guess the lower ones) cost $550 each side. That will end up to be $1500 with labor.

Check out www.vftbushes.com where they have the bushings only parts.

I know some already have done it.

My car is at 200K+ mileage and lost the silkiness of a Lexus, so I might want to do it as well.

BlueViol:

<_< Have you dealt with VFTbushes before? Any idea how much the repair kit costs?

----

The cheapest New OEMs I'm coming across costs about $800-900 for the pair. :cries:

If anybody comes across another cheaper solution, my ears are wide open.

southernsc300- Do you know which year Supra has control arms to fit? I have a 93 SC300. I usually get part #'s from Lexus & go to Toyota to save a few bucks. In the case of the control arms, Toyota doesn't have a matching part #. Any suggestions?

This is a reply from Vlamos:

The bushes cost AUDI $370 plus shipping approx AUDI $50 (shipping 2 days transit time. convert currency here > http://www.ex..com/buck/convert.chi

Please refer to the testimonials I sent you in a separate email. I cannot comment on fitting costs in the USA as I do not know....here is costs approx $250 to complete the total job, and please don't compare these bushes to the plastic nylothane bushes available......they are cheese and chalk.

It should cost cheaper due to the AUDI to USD exchange rate.

Ask Vlamos for more detail.

Hope this helps.

Who offers the front controll arm bushings for the sc400? I dont want to pay for the whole assembly. I was hopeing to get some bushings or ball joint to repair them. Any info of you who have changed them holler at me

Tommy K

Fresno CA

http://www.tmengineering.net

but your best bet is to change out the whole control arm. because if you only change out the bushings then the ball joints might go out after, and you don't want to that to happen right.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Evening,

I replaced the front lower control arm bushings two weeks ago.

The Daizan ones worked out real well. You can get them mail order from Sewell Lexus in Dallas. ~$100 for the front set, ~$159 for the rear; and ~$29 for the sway bar. Ask for Darrel Diller in Parts.

Removing the lower arm isn't hard if you do some work on your own car. Go buy a tie rod end tool to take loose the lower ball joint from the arm. ~$15.

The Daizan instructions are good. One thing they don't tell you is that the large rubber disks from the original units does not get reused.

Both of the smaller bushings were so bad, I pushed the cores out by hand. The larger ones were much more work, but follow the Daizan instructions.

The car makes no strange suspension noise, and drives real well at 80. We fitted a new set of Toyo Proxes TPT tires and we're cruising. . . .

Good Luck :D

Supra lower control arms can be sourced for $199 each through Steve Ganz at Carson Toyota. The Supra LCAs comes complete with new bushings AND ball joints which is a big advantage for any high mileage SC. Do it once and be done with it for the next 70-100k miles. Recently someone at another lexus forum has installed lexus OEM bushings for the 97+ SC and they fit perfectly. I can get part numbers if anyone is interested.

• 2 years later...

Supra lower control arms can be sourced for $199 each through Steve Ganz at Carson Toyota. The Supra LCAs comes complete with new bushings AND ball joints which is a big advantage for any high mileage SC. Do it once and be done with it for the next 70-100k miles. Recently someone at another lexus forum has installed lexus OEM bushings for the 97+ SC and they fit perfectly. I can get part numbers if anyone is interested.

Jeremyp if you are still out there and can post the Supra part numbers that would help me out a lot. I have a quote from the Lexus dealer for 1900.00 to replace my control arms on a 1994 SC 400...also I have hear the 96 Supra control arms are better than the 94. Can anyone confirm this?

Chasman

I got mine @ ebay... for 74.25 including both lower and upper control bushing kits... both left and right...

look for seller's ebay ID

pacautotoys

and just write him an email... I just order mine about couple days ago and will be getting them soon...

Hope it would be helpful....

I got mine @ ebay... for 74.25 including both lower and upper control bushing kits... both left and right...

pacautotoys

and just write him an email... I just order mine about couple days ago and will be getting them soon...

Thanks for the pointer to ebay, post what you think of the controls whn you get them in.

Jeremyp if you are still out there and can post the Supra part numbers that would help me out a lot. I have a quote from the Lexus dealer for 1900.00 to replace my control arms on a 1994 SC 400...also I have hear the 96 Supra control arms are better than the 94. Can anyone confirm this?

Chasman

This sounds like the most cost effective less risky option. If your not going to put the bushings in yourself the labor cost will be close to the new part price. Never ever go to lexus for parts if you can avoid it. way to costly.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked mine up from Carson in LA. I ordered the dual turbo Supra LCAs from a 1997 model, they went on fine a little tighter to install but they work great.

What changes is the nimblness of the steering track, it is much quicker and offers a tighter turning radus. The ride itself does not change.

pacautotoys

Thanks for the pointer to ebay, post what you think of the controls whn you get them in.

• 1 month later...