Happy 4th!

Lexusing

grandpa - no kidding about the rain. here in NC there have only been a few days without rain since summer started. the forecast is so funny to look at. 30% chance of scattered t-storms for the next ten days and the whole rest of the summer! what is the deal???

Happy 4th everyone! dont blow yourselves up ;)

Really 1UZ-FE!!! It is the exact opposite in High Point, NC and I'm only 2-hours away from you.

I have a nice idea; how about all of us take pictures of the fireworks on the 4th of July and post them here. Unfortunetly, I can't because my brother has my dig. camera.

Happy 4th of July everybody. :cheers:

Well, i dont want to switch to R-134 which isn't as cool as R-12, but I dont have the "tools" to properly recharge my A/C with r12. and im not sure if i have a leak or not and not in the mood to get it checked out

well, my fourth was wonderful. i drove 2.5 hrs to carolina beach with 3 friends in my 94 and they loved it. what we didn't love was the fact that we got torrential rain for about 2 hours out of the 5 hrs we were there. the best part was that the rain came at us parallel to the ground. the wind was horrible. then the grand finale came in the form of a 20 degree drop in a big gust and even heavier rain. and then once we were back in raleigh, the heavens had its own 4th firework display. (must have been the illegal stuff from SC). no rain in raleigh, just the most spectacular lightning i've seen in 17 years. only he can put on such a breath taking show.

hope everyone had a fun, safe, and healthy 4th and eveyone comes back with the same number of fingers, toes, and limbs they had on the 3rd :lol:

Same here 1UZ-FE. I have never experienced lighting like this before. I think my house was hit by it, because one time [at about 6:45p.m]everything got cut off and I couldn't see anything because everything was white. And, I think it happened for about 4-5 sec. and I couldn't even get out of it since my house is full of windows and every blind was open. After this, I went to see fireworks around the city at night but compared to my experience this evening, they were garbage.

93LS - so wait... are you questioning whether or not your house was struck by lightning? if so, it probably wasn't. you would know 100000000000% if your house was struck. about 2 yrs ago, lightning struck a tree in a neighbors yard 2 houses down from me splitting it strait down the middle. the flash of light (which was purpleish/violetish/blueish) and the enormous bang came simultaneously. i was home alone at the time on the computer. when it struck, i was blinded by these colors above, and almost jumped into the ceiling cause it scared the sh*t out of me. the power amazingly never shut off or even flickered. when my vision was restored, i saw the computer monitor was still rocking side-to-side from the blast. as i walked around inside the house to survey the damage: i found many pictures that were rattled off nails in the wall, broken drinking glasses that were touching eachother, all the incadescent (the ones with a filament) light bulbs that were on when the lightning struck were blown. the filaments were simply shaken apart inside the bulb from the blast. outside u found that 3 of the screens over the windows fell out, and that our decorative front porch light had simply shattered. only the metal frame remained and some of the glass ended up in my foot.

moral of the story is.... there wouldn't be even the slightest doubt if this happened.

93LS - so wait... are you questioning whether or not your house was struck by lightning? if so, it probably wasn't. you would know 100000000000% if your house was struck. about 2 yrs ago, lightning struck a tree in a neighbors yard 2 houses down from me splitting it strait down the middle. the flash of light (which was purpleish/violetish/blueish) and the enormous bang came simultaneously. i was home alone at the time on the computer. when it struck, i was blinded by these colors above, and almost jumped into the ceiling cause it scared the sh*t out of me. the power amazingly never shut off or even flickered. when my vision was restored, i saw the computer monitor was still rocking side-to-side from the blast. as i walked around inside the house to survey the damage: i found many pictures that were rattled off nails in the wall, broken drinking glasses that were touching eachother, all the incadescent (the ones with a filament) light bulbs that were on when the lightning struck were blown. the filaments were simply shaken apart inside the bulb from the blast. outside u found that 3 of the screens over the windows fell out, and that our decorative front porch light had simply shattered. only the metal frame remained and some of the glass ended up in my foot.

moral of the story is.... there wouldn't be even the slightest doubt if this happened.

Yeah. I was asking, guess my house wasn't hit. But, woke up this morning, come to find out that our phone lines are dead, a house right across the street has a bunch of humongous trees around it and one of the trees is cut in half and tore up his shed [storage building], and there is a small area which has just bunch of trees on it [owned by the government] and there is a tree that’s damaged in there too.