Brake Pad Part Number

VMF

hello every1 i need rear brake pads part number for 1996 ls 400

i wanna go to toyota dealership and get it there cheaper then in lexus delaership, but when i went there they said that lexus cut em off from their computer and they cant give me part without the part number, and i need those pads asap, one of em is so dead that its killin my rotor

• 1 month later...

heck on irontoad.com I just replaced the rear brake pads on my 90 400. I paid $76 at a Lexus dealer in NJ for the pads because I needed them right quick. Irontoad has OEM pads for about $47 if I remember correctly. They are so easy to change. The hardest part was getting the wheel lugs loose since some idiot torqued them on big time. When changing the pads you only need to remove the top 14mm bolt on the caliper then the inner unit pivots out. Carefully remove the wishbone spring clips, then the pads. Use care to identify how the shims fit as you can reuse them. Take a small peice of metal or wood and compress the piston back into the caliper bore after cleaning them up a little. Be sure to remove and replace the tiny clip which is the wear indicators on each side on the pad. At this point I figured out that the caliper is mounted on a sliding shaft which allows you to pull the pads over the rotor. If you have anti-lock brakes you must release the pressure from the bleeder as you compress the caliper, if not just compress. Very easy job, perhaps the easiest brakes I have ever installed. Dealer wanted $700++ for the job. Denny

i did it already, got brake pads from the local dealer as well, i needed them ASAP coz caliper rail or watever it called got stuck and one of the pads was weared to the metal, i got the pads for 64$ a pair, i changed both front and rear,

i have a tax id and an account with them so it cost me a little less because i buy for a net price and no tax.

I was in the same boat. My right rear caliper stuck on and wore the pads down very quickly. I figured this out by putting my hand on each rim and when I felt the right rear..... HOT! I'm not sure why it stuck but after doing the pads it seems okay. I guess you have to keep fairly new pads on these things.

yeah

the rest of the pads were used only by 1/4, and this one messed up my rotor, so i had to mashine it, i didnt touch my rims but my frend on the backseat heard the noise when i was brakin i got out and when i looked at the rotor it was all bad, thanks god it was thick enough to be mashined....

• 1 month later...

Hello experts,

Please help me step-by-step (with photos if possible) to change brakes (or whatever necessary) to cure squeaky brakes on 91 LS400 (it squeaks when you press on brake pedal).

Thank you very much

VH

PS: Please provide complete list of parts and tools as well !!!!

I have never done a brake job in my life ie. need to explain all brake terminology :(

from my experience, get bendix organic pads, they wear faster but they dont squeak and they brake better. i have original pads now and my rear brakes squeak like crazy. i dont know what to do myself. i cant mashine the rotors again coz they are too thin. i applied all those brake quieters and it didnt help.

Yeah, I replaced the rear pads because when the caliper stuck it ate the RR pad. I am picking up a new RR caliper today. Got it for $94 bucks. I was going to put it on today, but... it's raining again. I guess I could change it in the garage but I'd rather do it outside in case I spill brake fluid all over. Plus it gets hot. Very very easy to do brakes on. When I do the caliper I'll take pictures and post.

Regards, VBdenny