Tic Heard When Moved

2000RX3

WHEN I SHUT THE DOOR OR DRIVE OVER A SHARP BUMP A TIC IS HEARD. AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS COMING FROM THE SOUND SYSTEM, BUT THEN IT MADE THE SOUND WHEN THE KEY WASENT EVEN IN. I AM A PERFECTIONEST SO THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY. ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING? <_<

Your tick sounds familiar. With mine, I hear a short tick/pop when I go over bumps, dips, or back out from my driveway. I sounds like it's coming from underneath the engine, possible the rack and pinion area. I'm not a mechanic but I know I didn't here that when I was driving it 4 months ago.

The sharp tic is caused by the trim pieces around the inside of the sunroof flexing. This is very common on all RX300 (including mine). The dealer should be able to insulate the trim pieces to reduce / eliminate this noise.

My wife comes home every day complaining about that noise. I think it has to do with the brakes. That noise went away on my other RX300 after the brake pads wore down a little.