Putting On Angel Eyes and "Clearing Corners"

Well most of the hexagon rods i looked at a long time ago measured out to be like 7-8mm. If you can't get it drilled out to fit the two LED's, you can shave the LED housings down & then do it.2* 3mm would take some real skill, but if you grind em down to like 2, or 2.5mm doesn't seem so complicated.

I was just curious about the idea.

Most of the radio shake stuff is pretty weak. From what I remember the last time I went to one (Spring/Summer) I'm thinking I was amazed that they even had a handful of 3000-3600mcd ones. Most of it is sub 1000mcd & the "high power" are like say 600-sub3000 if I were to blindly guess.

Any LED is bright if you look at them head on. It's a little speck of concentrated light. If it's got a housing around it (The clear epoxy part). They're designed to focus the light in a small arc. Normally from 5-20*. Even a tiny bit of light can be made into alot of light. =) So no, I wouldn't trust what the computer guy as far as you can throw an attached mouse! :lol:

I wouldn't worry too much about grabbing LED's off ebay. I bought a pack a year, or two ago. It's about like buying an ES, Windom & Camry all coming from the Tsutsumi Plant. The build quality itself is the same thing, regardless of the parts used. The two big makers on ebay are in China & Taiwan. That's what you see on ebay.

A couple of people actually test them (LED Museum has done a few @ random sent in & Candlepower forums has some people that have done it). Normally the few ebay LED's tested either surpass the rated output, or grossly surpass it. A small number undershoot.

Go figure, it's like anything else! =)

The guy on the DIY website said his 1100mcd & a 10,000mcd weren't much different. I bet a 35,000mcd would be! Just be sure to try your other LED's & a different resistor. Ya never know when you've just got bad parts.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic