Putting On Angel Eyes and "Clearing Corners"

Do you guys really think those things look good ? Curious, because I don't think they add anything to the car. Maybe it is a age thing. Not trying to be to critical, if you like it go for it. What do other think ? George

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they look good, or I wouldn't have gone to the work to make them. I absolutely LOVE the way they look on the 5-series BMW, but a do-it-yourself approach at home will never give the same look. the BMW angel eyes are much MUCH brighter, and you can actually see them during the day.

I guess it's a matter of personal opinion. You can like it, you can hate it, or you can be impartial to it. It's up to the individual.

Really, my main objective to ripping apart my headlight assemblies was to get them clean and to clear the corners, and I was successful at that. My lights are clear now where as they used to be a dirty, almost opaque yellow. The light output differnece is amazing too! Before I cleaned up the lights, I couldn't tell the difference between my high and low beams. Now it is like night and day! The lights are SOOO much brighter now! Anyways. I just did the Angel Eyes since I had the headlights apart anyways.

Regards,

Bryan

oh and i bought "simulated HID"i was going to get silver stars but it was 85 bucks all together so i just got apc super whites,they where only 60 all together.

I bought the SilverStars and I am very pleased with them. They cost me about $100CAN for four bulbs at Canadian Tire. That's about $70US before taxes . . .

Good to hear that you found the LEDs B)

Regards,

Bryan

well im a lil dissapointed with the HIDs b\c i thought they woudl be atleast a lil blue,but they arent. they are brighter and shine a little farther though. but i was looking forward to them being a lil more blue.oh well. are silver stars blue? b\c if yes then screw it and ill spend 20 more bucks.

silverstars are close to 4300k, so that means they are closer to white.

If you want blue, then find a bulb that is closer to 5200k.

Bulb Info

keep in mind the higher the k value above 4300, the less light that actually illumintes the road in front of you. Use the lumens rating for this.

steviej

PS, kyle I think your pictures (#2 and #3) are reversed. The high beams should be the picture without the fog lights on.

and lastly this is after new lights,high beam

so what do u guys think i should do,return them or just keep em.

oh and about the comment not worrying to much about money considering future mods...lol the POSSIBLE future mods are things that i would want but i highly doubt woudl get b\c of MONEY.im a 16 year old here.lol so money is a problem for me.

post-7-1088738608.jpg

Personally, I think your new bulbs look pretty good!

I just installed the SilverStars recently, and they seem to be really bright. They are a brilliant white . . . there is no blue. The blue bulbs are illegal in most places . . .

On one of my old cars, I had purple headlights, like the newer Lexuses (SC?) do. Pretty neat, and I never had a problem with poor illumination. I think I bought the pair on Ebay for like $50CAN. Be warned that those bulbs die out within a month though! The quality would not be the same as the SilverStars.

I think that you should just keep the bulbs ya got. They look good B)

So you are 16, eh? I am 21, and have owned a car since I was 16 too B)

You might want to change your signature to "Mods that I dream to do" or people might get the impression that you are some snobby rich person's kid living on handouts :P I personally work for everything that I own, and feel that everyone should do the same. I am not a big fan of handouts . . . Working is a good life experience. Just my $0.02CAN (or $0.01US :P )

Regards,

Bryan

lol,yea i should change it to that. umm well actually i already took them out and put old ones back in. i talked to one of my friends whos 21 and he knows loss about cars. he will go with me and for a total of 40 bucks,thats 20 bucks cheaper. he will help me buy the lights he has. they are actually blue. liek the lights on mercedes and stuff.

Just be careful with the blue lights. I know they look really cool, but they are (most of them anyways) illegal, and if they aren't made well, then they could crap out very quickly.

How long has your friend had his for? What brand did he go with?

Regards,

Bryan

Anyways, that is the Angel Eyes that I made. It is kind of disappointing that they didn't turn out brighter, but that could be because of the resistors that I used. Anyways, the main point of pulling the lights apart was to get them clean, and I am please with that.

Best of luck to anyone else who takes on the challenge B)

Bryan

If you want to buy LED's go to an electronic store where they cost pennies a peice with different volatges and amperages which will be more useful than the crap radio shack sells all for the price of one diode from radio shack

If you want to buy LED's go to an electronic store where they cost pennies a peice with different volatges and amperages which will be more useful than the crap radio shack sells all for the price of one diode from radio shack

I don't think that you can get the Super Bright LEDs for pennies a piece.

I bought my LEDs at an Electronic Discounter store, and they cost me $2.50CAN each. Yes, you can get cheaper LEDs for $0.10CAN each, but they are very dim. They are DEFINITELY not bright enough for this application! These dim LEDs are more used in computers and stuff . . .

If you can find Super Bright LEDs for pennies a piece, then please let me know. I'd be interested in buying a bunch. It is really stupid that such a small light costs so much money in the first place . . .

Regards,

Bryan

i agree it is overpriced but i looked everywhere and no tother place around here has this stuff. oh and is 5mm 3.7 volt 2600mcd bright enoguh?!?? b\c thats the brightest they had

and about ure angel eyes,yea they arent bright but when i saw the pictures of them with lights turne dof... WOW i LOVE IT i think the rivets(that bmw's actually dont have) make it look soo much nicer.