Putting On Angel Eyes and "Clearing Corners"

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

in the custom angel eyes site faq thing he says 1100 vs 200mcd, but he doesnt say which one he used with that resistor, at least in the link i have. it just shows both and doesnt specify what he used, anybody know which one he used, and which would be better, the hihgher right because its the luminous intensity i think? and where did you see the formula to match with the resistor?

thanks

• 6 months later...

holy sh*t! i didnt heven see my topic being pinned. Well turns out i bought all the materials but never got to putting the angel eyes on. prabably will summer time b\c its too cold outside right now:).

warning on the blue lights, they look very good BUT they have MUCH worse visibility then stock lights. I remember i had the brightest lights out of all my friends, now sometimes its almost a joke of how the lights hardly help.

• 1 month later...

Hey just a quick question on this procedure. I have a 92 ES300, and I would like to take apart my headlights and clean them and maybe do the angel eyes thing, but I noticed that there is some foam insulation that is attached the the headlight assembly, is this something that will get destroyed in the oven? Is there some way to remove it? Thanks a lot!

-Josh

• 1 month later...

yea they dont at all,but i just installed new foglights(which made my car look soooo much better form the front b\c the foglights are really clear as opposed to my old yellow ones.) and these foglights are seriously atleast 3 times brighter then my headlights:)

yea they dont at all,but i just installed new foglights(which made my car look soooo much better form the front b\c the foglights are really clear as opposed to my old yellow ones.) and these foglights are seriously atleast 3 times brighter then my headlights:)

Just got new Fog's installed (many thanks to Steviej for the install).....looks awesome! (PIAA's) B) I don't like the eye lid mod personally so I'm going to pass on that. B)

i installed them myself. my left foglight was broken so instead of paying alot of money i went to murrays and bought aftermarket ones that are normal looking but about 75% the thickness of the stock lexus ones.

so only prabablem was mounting them but i figured it out,just squized them into my plastic grill with a lil force and used a glue gun to keep them there, looks much better that way!

Just got new Fog's installed (many thanks to Steviej for the install).....looks awesome!  (PIAA's) 

Lexusfreak, you don't have PIAAs. The bulbs we put in are Sylvania Silverstars. The case I brought them each up to Toronto in where from my PIAA ion crystals.

steviej

Just got new Fog's installed (many thanks to Steviej for the install).....looks awesome!  (PIAA's)  

Lexusfreak, you don't have PIAAs. The bulbs we put in are Sylvania Silverstars. The case I brought them each up to Toronto in where from my PIAA ion crystals.

steviej

I stand corrected steviej. B)

:cheers:

• 6 months later...

i'm sorry guys for putting back up an old topic. :chairshot:

Perhaps someone can tell me wut i'm doing wrong. So far i have the same materials like wut the guy has from this site http://www.geocities.com/jvxdriver/eagle_eyes.htm

I have a 220ohm resistor and i have a 5mm, 3.7V, 20mA, 2600mcd LED. What i did was i connected a 12V 18AWG wire to the positive leg LED bulb and i soldered it on. I also then attached a resistor to the other end of the positive wire after the leg of the LED. I then did the same thing with the negative leg by attaching the 12V 18AWG wire to the negative leg without the resistor and i soldered it. HOwever... for some reason... the LED is really really dim. I tried originally hooking it up to a 9V battery... then i tried a car battery... it was sooo DIM. I'm sooo disappointed.... i just bought a soldering gun and a Dremel set to do this project... i already cut the wand.... but I dont know y it's sooo DIM. I hope i didn't waste the money in doing this.

Post 25 on this website http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/showthre...?t=65054&page=2

has pictures showing the guy doing the same thing and connecting it to a 9V battery n it is bright as hell.

Thanks guys for da help :lol:

2600mcd isn't much light. 5mm LED's in the 7500-12500mcd range are common now. If it were me, I'd ditch the panzy 5mm LED's for some real ones. Luxeon star's are $$$ but LED's don't come better.

You can buy 10mm LED's in the 40,000-50,000mcd range. That is a lot of light out of a normal LED. Now with a couple of those, you could make some serious headway into having some bright rings!

I know it won't fit inside it (that project has be around for years), but you can easily shave the housings down to either mate flat @ the end, or slip in like a 5mm led. The transfer won't be quite as good, but 12x the light output will more than make up for it. :)

kcpth try another led. I bought 15, or 20 blue led's from radioshack for some projects years ago & maybe 1/3 of them didn't work at all. Re-check yourself too. Are you sure you're passing voltage the correct way through the led? (Doesn't matter which pole the resistor is on, tho normally they're installed on the negative side).

Swap to a 420ohm resistor.

Thanks guys for ur response. I will try that first thing when i get to Radio Shack. R there other stores other than Radio Shack that u guys would suggest? 420ohm Resistors... would that increase lighting or decrease lighting?

Well n e wayz.... i'm going to pass out now... Graveyard shift's tough. Take care.

Tom

ahhhhhh I just can't get away from that.

Tere are bunches of 5mm led's over 30,000mcd.

I would be curious as to:

1) How bright a ring is with a 5mm 35,000mcd+ led

2) How bright a 10mm 110,000mcd led

3) How bright a 1, 3 & 5 watt Luxeon Star would be

4) How the angle of the housing/light output affects brightness

Edit

5) How bright 2x per end (4 per ring) 3mm 15,000mcd led's would be

how would u go about in putting 4 per ring? I was thinking about that too? Unless u make semicircle n then connect the two... but then once u "E Tape" it... u would then get 2 patches of black spots. Well today i just bought myself a 5000 mcd LED... it's red from RADIO SHACK... for some reason it's cheaper. I will give the EBAY ones a try i guess... but i want to make sure it works first. I would definitely want a 35000 mcd LED working in there.

Thanks for the help Toys. I realli do appreciate it. It has been driving me insane the past few days. I realli want to get this project underway for some reason. :cheers:

Also i asked some guy today at the computer store... he was selling LED's... i asked how bright they were... he said he didn't know. I wonder if it's the same LED's that they have on EBAY... b/c he mentioned the LED's were from Korea or Hong Kong or Taiwan. But he assured me that they were very bright. He said they r used for modding computer. Ehhhh... i dont know if i should give him a shot too.