3.0 V6 Supercharger From Trd

I'm not looking to buy one, or at least not at this time. I was looking at some TRD performance stuff, and found the supercharger for the 97-01 Camry 3.0 V6 and wondered if anyone had put one on? I'm guessing the intake might be a little different since the hp #'s are a little different with the two? I also wonder if the computer is different- the tech's here aren't sure. Any Idea's?

it should work on the 1mzfe non-vvti es. i saw an ecu for sale on ebay which said it was for both the camry and es300 1mzfe. it could be the same although no one knows for sure. if it isn't, then there could be a problem with the the supercharger disengaging between shifts. another problem is the actual supercharger clearing the hood. a lot of people are put off to installing a supercharger b/c of price... its roughly $3k.

Ya, it was $3500 plus install. But the one for my Tundra goes for $5000 plus install, and they told me it wasn't going to be released (again) for another month. I guess the had a problem with the ecu not reading properly, so they had to make a new ecu to go with it.

Hood clearance could be an issue on the ES? I guess it does slope a little more.

hood will clear fine

the charger will work with quite a few modes to the exhaust and otehr things on the 1mz-fe for 94-96

97 will not work without a new intake manifold and head for the non vvt

which the camry does not have.

get a camry engine to drop in with a few wiring issues ,lose the vvt but gain the charger, very little gains to be worth a dime over all, the vvt makes almost as much power than the charged version unless tuned properly.

I get the gist of what your sayn', but I'm not sure I understand what you mean? You say that the Camry doesn't have the correct heads, or intake- but TRD makes it for the Camry 97-01?

Doesn't sound like it's worth the money, but doesn't it add around 75hp and 75lb ft to the 3.0? So I think the 97' makes 210hp, but what does the Camry version make without the Charger? I don't think a big hp gain would be good on the front drive anyway? Interesting....guess that means nobody has done it?

Thanks for the update, although I already am aware of the VVT!!! I was mearly asking for a more elaborate answer than what was available. I appreciate the input and am aware of this not being an available option for any future use without heavy modification.

hood will clear fine

the charger will work with quite a few modes to the exhaust and otehr things on the 1mz-fe for 94-96

97 will not work without a new intake manifold and head for the non vvt

which the camry does not have.

get a camry engine to drop in with a few wiring issues ,lose the vvt but gain the charger, very little gains to be worth a dime over all, the vvt makes almost as much power than the charged version unless tuned properly.

wow i didn't know the ES had VVT and the camry doesn't. does that account for the difference in hp between the two for a non-vvti?

• 3 months later...