Trac Light On

kinhoang

Some one there please help!!!

My 1990 LS400 trac light goes on when ever I get on freeway about 50 miles up. I will go off when I turn off the engine, but goes on again when I drove on freeway. It stay off when I drive inside city. I some one know how to fix or feagure this out please help. The dealer recommended to change the accumulator for 750 $ USD. Thanks alot in advance. Lang.

• 5 years later...

My 1990 LS400 trac light goes on when ever I get on freeway about 50 miles up. I will go off when I turn off the engine, but goes on again when I drove on freeway. It stay off when I drive inside city. I some one know how to fix or feagure this out please help. The dealer recommended to change the accumulator for 750 $ USD. Thanks alot in advance. Lang.

just got into a 93 ls and have the same problem + engine light

Access the fault codes to help you find the problem below is a link explaining how to do it and further down the page is the codes for the TRAC system.

Going from past experience it will probably be an ABS sensor on one of the wheels.

Let me know how you all get on please.

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/codereading.html

• 2 months later...

I have a 94 LS400 and my TRAC light comes on soon after starting to drive. I checked the OBDI code and it showed that my TRAC or ABS/TRAC ecu (code 43) is causing the problem. My problem is getting to these ECUs since they are located behind the dash on the passenger side. I don't want to tear up anything on the dash trying to get to these ECUs. Does anyone know how to get to these ECUs?

An update: I was able to get to the ECU, I removed it and decided not to replace it due to the $1000 cost. If anyone wants to know how to get to this ECU, let me know and I'll try to help.

Could spend the money. Another possibility is the ecu is not recieving proper signals. If you don't want to incurr the cost for repair, try turning the trac off before driving. If the light doesn't come back on and you notice no change in driveability, then leave the trac off.

I had a problem with my trac light staying on, (92) I could hear the pump cycling on and off for the first 5 minutes after the car was running then the light would come on. I pulled the Tracloc assembly off the wheel well (3 or 4 bolts), then you can ease it up and out a little to gain access. Removed the high pressure air line from the accumulator and the pump and applied some "o-ring" lube to the o-rings on the fittings, put it all back together and no problems since. I thiink I left a post on here about it too. Good Luck

I had a problem with my trac light staying on, (92) I could hear the pump cycling on and off for the first 5 minutes after the car was running then the light would come on. I pulled the Tracloc assembly off the wheel well (3 or 4 bolts), then you can ease it up and out a little to gain access. Removed the high pressure air line from the accumulator and the pump and applied some "o-ring" lube to the o-rings on the fittings, put it all back together and no problems since. I thiink I left a post on here about it too. Good Luck

I appreciate the response. I hear the pump cycling also. I pulled the TRAC ECU, but the pump is still cycling. I'll try pulling the assemby. Thanks

I appreciate the response. I hear the pump cycling also. I pulled the TRAC ECU, but the pump is still cycling. I'll try pulling the assemby. Thanks

Before putting in all that labor and sweat with the assembly, try pulling the relay first.