Rear Woofer Panel Rattles

Hi all,

I own a 2002 ES300 with 17k miles. Everything has been fine, except the slight annoyance on the audio system (note: NOT mark levinson and NO navigation). Whenever the system is pumping out bass (tuned at around 3-5), the rear woofer panel starts to rattle. I've checked the trunk for any untightened screws but came out empty. On other types of music the woofer panel is fine, but when the system plays bass-intensive music, the rattling seems to destroy the ambiance. Only "solution" I've came up with was to press the panel down hard with my hands, which eliminates the rattling. Anyone know a real solution to this problem? Thanks in advance for all the help!

You probably are overloading the woofer or the woofer is defective. If you are turning up the low frequency boost then turn it down slightly. I sorta doubt whether it's the enclosure that is causing this problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

I own a 2002 ES300 with 17k miles. Everything has been fine, except the slight annoyance on the audio system (note: NOT mark levinson and NO navigation). Whenever the system is pumping out bass (tuned at around 3-5), the rear woofer panel starts to rattle. I've checked the trunk for any untightened screws but came out empty. On other types of music the woofer panel is fine, but when the system plays bass-intensive music, the rattling seems to destroy the ambiance. Only "solution" I've came up with was to press the panel down hard with my hands, which eliminates the rattling. Anyone know a real solution to this problem? Thanks in advance for all the help!

Does anyone know what the rated wattage is for the rear wolfer on the mark levinson system? i would like to put an amp in to get better/clearer bass but not sure if the speak will also need to be swapped. :chairshot: