Gas Runs Out At Fill-up

i filled my 92 sc400 the other day. when the gas tank got near full, the gas started running out of the filler neck and would not stop until i put the gas cap back on. i removed the cap to see had it stopped and it poured out again, like it was being sucked out. this car is always hard to fill up, with the pump shutting off a lot before the car is completely full or with the gas just standing in the neck and you know the car isn't completely full. sometimes when you take the gas cap off on hot days, after driving it, you get a big air pressure release from the filler neck when !Removed! off the cap. any suggestions??????? thanks.

adam

i filled my 92 sc400 the other day. when the gas tank got near full, the gas started running out of the filler neck and would not stop until i put the gas cap back on. i removed the cap to see had it stopped and it poured out again, like it was being sucked out. this car is always hard to fill up, with the pump shutting off a lot before the car is completely full or with the gas just standing in the neck and you know the car isn't completely full. sometimes when you take the gas cap off on hot days, after driving it, you get a big air pressure release from the filler neck when !Removed! off the cap. any suggestions??????? thanks.

adam

does this happen every time you fill up?

This can happen in hot temperatures. I drove in Arizona @ 110degrees for 3-4 hours non-stop and it happened.

1. Open the gas cap

2. let it breathe for a 1 or 2 minutes(preferably in the shade)

3. NEVER TOP OFF THE FUEL!!!!!!! NEVER

I had the same thing happen also was your car sitting at all? I filled mine up and gas came running out I will next time see if I should wait after i take off the gas cap. I could be due to vapors

Tommy K