Rear Window Speaker

doiser2

the same family member i asked about the mirror for on this forum also needs a replacement speaker for his LS400. it is the speaker that goes behind the back seats and is seen through the rear window (dont know what to call this spot) and he has a Nakamichi (sp?) sound system. he would like to find the speaker for cheaper than what the dealer wants for it. does anyone know of where to find this speaker for a little less, or does anyone on here have one to sell?

Yeah, I just looked at that speaker yesterday when in the trunk. There's a Radio Shack speaker in mine that was a replacement by the previous owner. I've only had this car a week. It sounds ok and puts out a little bass. I would read the dimensions off the old one and order a better quality one online somewhere. If you want a cheap quick fix, go to the Rat Shack I guess?

The center right? The ol factory sub..It's 10" free air sub that runs with your factory amp. Check a few wreck yards...often you can get one in good shape. Stay in the same power range for best sound. If you upgrade to a more watt model you will find it sounds like crap..... Drop in an aftermarket sub and box! You will need an amp though.........Oh be sure it's open or free air style sub... :P