Nak.amp In Gs400 Runs Too Hot Need Cooling Advise

well i was driving around tonight and had my stock system pumping but after an one hour it started to kinda sound funny like a fizzle anyway im guessing its the factory stock amp ..since it was extreamly hot to the touch(you could have burned your hand on it even fried an egg) i noticed the amp has vents on the side and was wondering if anyone has done anything to help keep it cooler by doing some mod to it such as blowing air on it or sucking the hot air out with fans...or anything else ..any ideas would be great to help keep the stock amp cooler .

thanks.

all amps run hot just like engines. even if you didnt run the air the evaporator puts out condensation in hot weather and that is getting in the equalizer. the add on equalizer behind the cd changer was not planned for in original engineering of the 98 gs and it was mounted to close to the evaporator. i have already replaced 5 different nakamichi gs changers and equalizers and 0 nak trunk amps so the equalizer has to be your problem not the amp. i advise not to touch the engine of your gs after you have been runnning your car for 1 hour either. there is an airbox in the quarterpanel below the amp so the amp is already getting air circulation.

all amps run hot just like engines. even if you didnt run the air the evaporator puts out condensation in hot weather and that is getting in the equalizer. the add on equalizer behind the cd changer was not planned for in original engineering of the 98 gs and it was mounted to close to the evaporator. i have already replaced 5 different nakamichi  gs changers and equalizers and 0 nak trunk amps so the equalizer has to be your problem not the amp. i advise not to touch the engine of your gs after you have been runnning your car for 1 hour either. there is an airbox in the quarterpanel below the amp so the amp is already getting air circulation.

ok my next question i how do i get to the eq then if you dont think the over heating of the amp is not the problem ?

the gs glovebox comes off in 1 piece. just unsrew all the phillips screws holding it on. the equalizer is attached to the back of the cd changer by a blue square connctor. follow the wire to the equalizer. inspect for water damage signs.

cool beans thanks ill try that .

the gs glovebox comes off in 1 piece. just unsrew all the phillips screws holding it on. the equalizer is attached to the back of the cd changer by a blue square connctor. follow the wire to the equalizer. inspect for water damage signs.

well my eq is just fine i belive the problem is the amp runnin to hot and clipping ill try and make a mod with fans to see what happens .