I Do So Many Fixes, Now Bad Smell!

1991LS400

Hey guys,

Guess what? When I started my car this morning in the garage I noticed it filled up really fast with this weird smell and it was getting strong so I had to open the garage door pretty quick. Now, I know you're not supposed to start your car with the garage doors closed because of Carbon Monoxide poisoning, but hey, if I didn't, I wouldn't know it had a foul smell. When I put my nose kind of close to the mufflers it's spitting already hot fumes (but there's no smoke at all) and it has a very significant smell. Odd really. It smells like a mix of some bad chemicals. Just a weird distinct smell that's pretty dang strong. I know it's not a good sign.

Please, any suggestions on what it could be?

what kind of smell r u talking about?

btw you always have to open garage door when you start the car especially with the cold engine.

VMF,

It smelled like fuel. Also, while I was driving today I pressed on the gas pedal and it kind of held back on me like it didn't just GO when I pushed it, it felt like a gear dropped back on me and slowed down then it kicked back into gear and went.

I don't know whether I should just trade this in and get another vehicle. I don't have the money to keep up with this vehicle especially if there's going to be repairs after repairs. Actually, it's not really the money, it's the spending money on a 91 LS 400 and who knows when it will die on me. It has 241K.

I have already done the following repairs:

- New Transmission Cooler Line

- New Power Steering Hose

- New Power Steering Pressure Sensor

- New Rack and Pinion

- New Hood Latch

- New Transmission Mount

- New Motor Mounts (2)

- New Spark Plugs, Wires, etc. (Tune-Up)

Interior is a 7 on a 1-10 scale. Body is a 7 on a 1-10 scale. It has 241K and is Pearl in color. Think I can get $4,000? And should I trade it in? I love Lexi!