My Newest Interior Mod. Whadya Think?

Just installed a brushed aluminum dash kit. I wanted to cover up the usual suspects (cracked heater vents, worn looking pieces) so I figured this would do that and give it a more modern look. All opinions welcome. Good, bad or ugly.

Thanks

post-3-1088424067.jpg

I got it on ebay, but they have a website too, autoaccessorystore.com. I got the entire kit for $61 shipped. I have pieces for the A/C control and the center console trim but I'm still unsure about all that silver. Maybe the A/C control, but not the console trim. I've been thinking of painting the wood black because it's somewhat faded on the drivers door and in the center. Any suggestions on that?

I got it on ebay, but they have a website too, autoaccessorystore.com. I got the entire kit for $61 shipped. I have pieces for the A/C control and the center console trim but I'm still unsure about all that silver. Maybe the A/C control, but not the console trim. I've been thinking of painting the wood black because it's somewhat faded on the drivers door and in the center. Any suggestions on that?

i think that would be a good idea but if your familiar with fiber glass work u could also pull out the trim make a mold of it then do your own trim in any color you like or you could even go carbon fiber not a very hard process thats what i did with my interrior i went with carbon fiber it looks nice i did all the work myself now hopefully soon ill have the whole interrior re-wrapped in black leather :D (its tan now) but thanks for the site and the info

psckrat, it was very easy to do. First, I laid out all of the pieces and decided which ones I liked and which ones I didn't. First to go was the center console trim piece (too much aluminum IMO). They all fit well so then I started cleaning the areas with alcohol being very careful NOT to touch any areas that weren't going to be covered. I then peeled back the backing paper and carefully lined up the pieces and pressed them in. It was a hot day and the interior was very very warm so the pieces were very flexible. Otherwise I would have used a hair dryer to warm them up. Once all the pieces were pressed into place I peeled off the protective plastic from the aluminum and wiped them down with a damp rag to get rid of the fingerprints.

soarer479, Carbon fiber is something I'm definitely interested in doing. How hard was it? I'm interested to know how you did that cuz I think carbon fiber would make the interior look awesome in combination with the aluminum. Then maybe it's off to redo the rest of the interior in black! Uh oh! There I go again! Mo $$$ into the car. Does it ever stop!?? Can you give me any sites to read up on how to do this?

carbon fiber is pretty much the exact same thing as fiber glass work just use a search engine and there are plenty of books online that will give u a nice step by step and you could do it yourself or simply make the mold and take it somewhere for the carbon fiber to be done the only hard part about carbon fiber is really the amount of resin and the way you apply it because you want a good weave with the fiber you have to make sure you do it right id suggest a few experiments first before u make your final project on your own but its a very good thing to learn how to do fiber glass work it can save u alot of money in the long run and u can make some pretty cool stuff if yah need any other info dont be afraid to ask

I'm curious as to which HU you're using Jeremyp. (I know I'm repeating DeftonesLexus' question, but still).

btw really nice job with the interior mod! Although I'm not too big a fan of that particular 'style', you did a great job of making it fit right in!

The HU is a Kenwood DPX-4010. It's a double din (obviously) and I used a 1/2 din pocket to fill in the rest. It's a decent HU and provides a clean signal to the amp. The best part about it is that IMO it looks great in the SC dash opening. Much better than having a single din unit and a sheet of plastic. Thanks for all the replies.