98 Gs 400 Hid Light Condensation

Hi All,

new to the forum, just want to check to see if the Condensation is a problem with GS400 HID Light.

I've seen it, but does it for an alarm?

98 GS400 is probably already out of warantee,

I'm looking for recommendation as far as should I contact dealer, live with it (because it has no real problem)

or get it change with new HID head unit?

Thanks.

condensation in the housings has been a common problem among many of the newer GS's. usually the dealer should change out the housings for you for free if you're still under warranty.

take it to the dealer and see what they say. never hurts asking. :)

Hi All,

new to the forum, just want to check to see if the Condensation is a problem with GS400 HID Light.

I've seen it, but does it for an alarm?

98 GS400 is probably already out of warantee,

I'm looking for recommendation as far as should I contact dealer, live with it (because it has no real problem)

or get it change with new HID head unit?

Thanks.

Lexus is aware of this problem. If i remember correctly, i read some thing about the rear air hold the haedlight unit being too small. Please do not quote me on this. However, i have a friend that had this same problem and he was under factory warranty still. So he took his 99 GS 400 back to the dealer to find out what could be done. After a brief talk with the service mgr. the following saturday he had new head lights installed under warranty. You may want to check on this as well.Good Luck :cheers: